Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 21:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Starting in 1 month

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Starting in 1 month [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2003, 04:27
Greetings everyone!

I can start by apologize the long post I will be making.
About me, 25yrs old, 4th year at a univerisity in Sweden. By general I am very strong in Q, not in verbal, particular not in english. Although toefl wont be a problem for me.
I just found my desire to enter ibanking, and I need a good ug degree for that, which I dont have. Thats why I am aiming for a 1-yr MSc Finance in the UK, and because of that I need to take the GMAT.

I haven┬┤t started studying for it yet. I have about 1 month left on this semester, but after that I have around 10 weeks of free time.
I have spent around 4 hours today, reading about GMAT and mostly reading old posts here. Best board I have found so far.

So, now to my questions and options. First, I got to time to study and the $$$, thats why I am thinking about attend some Kaplan classes in the US. Thats going to cost me around $4,000 in NYC for 4 weeks.(I would see this as a vacation too, but my english needs to improve)
Would this be a good idea or would you recommend me something else?

~Keynes
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2003, 18:26
If you're taking a 4-week course, you're going to have a ton of homework. You probably won't have too much time for exploring NYC, so be prepared for that. You'll need to study quite a bit!
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2003, 18:32
Hell yes it's a good idea.

And if you bring me some Kent bootlegs, I'll tell you where to eat in NYC.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2003, 00:16
I see. Interesting. But after 12 hours of study. Thats the most I can take in one day. That should leave some time off to check up NYC.
So you like Kent :)
I dont listen to him myself I am afraid. But maybe I can set you up with something anyway

Which would you recommend me then, Manhattan GMAT or Kaplan bootcamp?
Intern
Intern

MGMAT [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2003, 11:12
keynes wrote:
I see. Interesting. But after 12 hours of study. Thats the most I can take in one day. That should leave some time off to check up NYC.
So you like Kent :)
I dont listen to him myself I am afraid. But maybe I can set you up with something anyway

Which would you recommend me then, Manhattan GMAT or Kaplan bootcamp?

Manhattan GMAT, if you have the money. As much as I like to get on them, they are more focused on the peculiarities of the GMAT than Kaplan are.
Intern
Intern

maybe [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2003, 10:51
Maybe I should try an online course instead...they seem pretty ok.
GMAT take almost 3k for their bootcamp. Thats a lot
maybe   [#permalink] 16 Dec 2003, 10:51