Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 03:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Starting preparation for GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Starting preparation for GMAT [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2005, 03:19
Hello friends,

I am Jitendra from India. I am new to this GMAT Club, this being my first message.What i am about to ask,is i guess,already taken care of in the past message posts.But frankly speaking, i got a bit confused reading all those messages about "Starting your preparations".

My current status : I am starting to prepare for GMAT and planning to give it by July 2005. What i would like to know is that, what books(or CDs) i should buy in order to target a score of 720+ and are 4 months enough for the prep @ 15 hrs/week???

I would be highly obliged if anyone could brief me on the above..because after this i could very well follow up with the past messages.

I would love to share my experiences with u guys as i embark on this journey.

Waiting in anticipation,

Thanks a lot.

"Life is like a highway..Enjoyment depends on the lane you drive."

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2005, 08:08
Paul has a good post in this thread talking about prep book selections:
http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=11176

As for the time needed to prepare for the study, it depends on many factors such as your original level and your familiarity with the math and verbal questions, etc. I took one and half month preparation before my test. However I know other people who have prepared over four to six months, or even longer. You could do a couple practice test, say, in June, and decide whether you are ready to take the test. I believe you only need to register for the test 10 to 15 days ahead.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2005, 09:08
Thanx a lot for your reply...The post message you referred to was very informative. Also, is there a practice test that i can take so as to gauge my position as of now i.e. before i start preparing...??
This is because i have given the CAT (Common Admission Test) which we have here in India for admission to the IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) last year. So its been an year since i have been in touch with these topics.

Kindly advise.

Thanking you.

"Life is like a highway..Enjoyment depends on the lane you drive."

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 177 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2005, 09:48
A good gauge of your performance would be to take 1 of the 2 powerprep tests which you can download for free at mba.com

Best Regards,

Paul

[#permalink] 28 Mar 2005, 09:48