Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 05:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stating my less-renowned MBA in best-school MBA Applications

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Status: Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Schools: Texas A&M - Mays; PennState - Smeal; Purdue - Krannert; JohnsHopkins - Carey; Vanderbilt - Owen; WakeForest - Babcock; UBC - Sauder
WE 1: Financial Analyst/Financial Management Trainer - BRAC Afghanistan - 13 months
WE 2: Business Proposal Coordinator - MiDS, Inc. (in Kabul, Afghanistan) - 4 Months (did quit the job bcoz of security concerns)
WE 3: Readers For Readers (A Social Impact Generating Organization) - Co-Founder
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 136

Stating my less-renowned MBA in best-school MBA Applications [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2011, 04:08
I have completed my BBA (4-year; 120 credit) and MBA (1-year; 36 credits) from the best university in Bangladesh. But compared to any good MBA programs in the world it is not worth mentioning. While pursuing my MBA in my country, side by side, I was doing a full-time job (from March 2009; job-time: 40 hours a week) in a fast-growing test-prep institution. I was the Business Development Analyst there. During my 13-month period in that job, I helped my company review their business strategy and have a tremendous success in business advancement & expansion (from a total of 7,000 customers served in 2008-2009 to a total of 11,000 customers served in 2009-2010). In May 2010, I joined BRAC International as a Financial Management Trainer and then in July 2010 I was stationed in Kabul Afghanistan. Now I am planning to pursue an MBA in a prestigious school.

Could you please suggest me whether or not to include my MBA degree in the MBA Application of a good school? Because, some of my friends and seniors are suggesting me not to mention about my MBA degree as this may result into two things:
1. Application assessment team of the university where I will apply will not appreciate it (i.e. they may think he has already got a similar degree; we should not enroll him).
2. They may become doubtful about continuing a full-time job and a full-time MBA simultaneously (i.e. they may think how come he was able to continue both; he is not sharing the truth).

Please help.

Thanks.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Stating my less-renowned MBA in best-school MBA Applications [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2011, 07:35
You will probably be asked to list all previous degrees on your application. To omit a degree would be dishonest and a much larger strike against your application (i.e. it would probably not even be considered) than disclosing that you earned a degree from a subpar program. Most likely, adcom will not view your ability to work and earn a degree simultaneously as a negative factor. If anything, it shows dedication and focus and should be presented as such. Best of luck!

Scottie
Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Save 10% on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Manager
Manager
Status: Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Schools: Texas A&M - Mays; PennState - Smeal; Purdue - Krannert; JohnsHopkins - Carey; Vanderbilt - Owen; WakeForest - Babcock; UBC - Sauder
WE 1: Financial Analyst/Financial Management Trainer - BRAC Afghanistan - 13 months
WE 2: Business Proposal Coordinator - MiDS, Inc. (in Kabul, Afghanistan) - 4 Months (did quit the job bcoz of security concerns)
WE 3: Readers For Readers (A Social Impact Generating Organization) - Co-Founder
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 136

Re: Stating my less-renowned MBA in best-school MBA Applications [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2011, 20:46
Thanks so much, VeritasPrepScottie!