Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 06:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Status information and Interview process at Chicago

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 1741
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Status information and Interview process at Chicago [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2006, 11:32
Application Status

During the application cycle you will notice the status of your application changing at different points.

Submitted – Once an application is submitted by an applicant the status changes to “Submitted.â€
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1512 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2006, 11:45
That means you applied in R1!!!

RETRACT YOUR APPLICATION IMMEDIATELY!!!

OR ELSE I WILL SEND A BUNCH OF HIGH SCHOOL KIDS WITH TOILET PAPER TO YOUR HOME! THEY LISTEN TO PUNK ROCK! IT WILL BE IRRITATING!

I got that email too.

I find it most interesting that you could find out as early as Nov 15 if you are dead. I kind of like that - if they already know you are a no go, just tell me now, don't make me wither in agony for the next two months.

Quote:
If you are invited to interview you will receive your final admissions
decision by 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time on Wednesday, January 4, 2007.


By? That means possibly ealier?
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 1741
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2006, 12:01
Rhyme,

There is no competition when it comes to me. You are the clear winner.

But anyways.... I will be compared with the large Indian IT pool.
But I am not worried. Why? Well I believe in the 90-10 philosophy.
One can do 90% of what has to be done but the rest 10% is pure luck.

So I concentrated on the 90% I could control and to my knowledge, I have given my rest. Now lets see if is that 10% favors me.

Yup, I like that..... I am sure by Nov 15th I will be a toast.

[/i]
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1512 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2006, 12:02
jaynayak wrote:
Rhyme,

There is no competition when it comes to me. You are the clear winner.

But anyways.... I will be compared with the large Indian IT pool.
But I am not worried. Why? Well I believe in the 90-10 philosophy.
One can do 90% of what has to be done but the rest 10% is pure luck.

So I concentrated on the 90% I could control and to my knowledge, I have given my rest. Now lets see if is that 10% favors me.

Yup, I like that..... I am sure by Nov 15th I will be a toast.

[/i]


I doubt that. You and I dont have terribly dissimilar profiles in some ways. As I recall, you had a 3.0 GPA, as do I.

I'm not indian, but I'm in IT (though only sort-of, I'm not a developer).
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 1741
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2006, 12:12
True.... but one major difference is I cannot write like you.

And "in the end" it all comes down to the essays.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 166
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2006, 12:20
I also applied in the first round. Do you know if the admission rate is a little higher in the first round? I vaguely remember reading that somewhere.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 513
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2006, 12:31
jay,

I have an idea -- how about we invent a new race called Indi-Huns? we'll keep our skin but we'll make our facial characteristics a mix between caucasian and mongoloid (all with help of medical marvels of course), and then we'll apply as "extreme minority" which is "disadvantaged in large parts of the world" because "nobody thinks that we're like them"

so it's basically

1. Become Indi-Huns
2. ....
3. Admissions to Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Chicago GSB, INSEAD - heck, wherever you want!!


sounds like a plan!

Rhyme - kiss your seat goodbye because the Indihuns are coming ;)

*sigh*


jaynayak wrote:
Rhyme,

There is no competition when it comes to me. You are the clear winner.

But anyways.... I will be compared with the large Indian IT pool.
But I am not worried. Why? Well I believe in the 90-10 philosophy.
One can do 90% of what has to be done but the rest 10% is pure luck.

So I concentrated on the 90% I could control and to my knowledge, I have given my rest. Now lets see if is that 10% favors me.

Yup, I like that..... I am sure by Nov 15th I will be a toast.

[/i]

_________________

http://onwardtomba.blogspot.com - MBA, GMAT, INSEAD - the journey.
My 7 GMAT Quant Strategies/Trap
My GMAT Debrief

SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 1741
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2006, 12:57
necromonger wrote:
jay,

I have an idea -- how about we invent a new race called Indi-Huns? we'll keep our skin but we'll make our facial characteristics a mix between caucasian and mongoloid (all with help of medical marvels of course), and then we'll apply as "extreme minority" which is "disadvantaged in large parts of the world" because "nobody thinks that we're like them"

so it's basically

1. Become Indi-Huns
2. ....
3. Admissions to Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Chicago GSB, INSEAD - heck, wherever you want!!


sounds like a plan!

Rhyme - kiss your seat goodbye because the Indihuns are coming ;)

*sigh*


jaynayak wrote:
Rhyme,

There is no competition when it comes to me. You are the clear winner.

But anyways.... I will be compared with the large Indian IT pool.
But I am not worried. Why? Well I believe in the 90-10 philosophy.
One can do 90% of what has to be done but the rest 10% is pure luck.

So I concentrated on the 90% I could control and to my knowledge, I have given my rest. Now lets see if is that 10% favors me.

Yup, I like that..... I am sure by Nov 15th I will be a toast.

[/i]


Great idea,
But Heck, why don't we do something else. With so much talent present at this very forum, we could start our own HBS..... crazy idea...... I know....

But thinking about it...... we each will be spending upwards $120K for 2 years. Lets form an union and get the best faculty...... we ourselves will be the first batch.

THe funding part. Well lets keep that mystery for the PE guys. I am sure they can work something out.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1512 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2006, 13:28
flapjack wrote:
I also applied in the first round. Do you know if the admission rate is a little higher in the first round? I vaguely remember reading that somewhere.


I've heard this too. Who knows by how much though. 1%? 2%?

It's probably not particularly signficant.
  [#permalink] 20 Oct 2006, 13:28
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 Interview Process eastyray 2 11 May 2013, 19:36
2 Informational Interviews isa 14 25 Dec 2008, 21:42
Informational Interviews and Consulting squali83 5 26 Jun 2008, 18:57
Interview Process fluffydot 5 28 Nov 2006, 12:13
Chicago Interview lhmcjen 4 15 Nov 2006, 10:35
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Status information and Interview process at Chicago

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.