Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 07:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all Admitted Students!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 148

Kudos [?]: 926 [0], given: 884

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all Admitted Students! [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2013, 01:56
Expert's post
New York University : The Leonard N. Stern School of Business

Admitted Students Thread.

Congratulations to all those who have been accepted to the class of 2016 at NYU Stern!

Roll Call

NOTE :- The above list updates automatically as and when applicants update their application Status. If your name does not appear in the list, please check and update your application status or post in this thread.

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q V
GMAT 2: 740 Q0 V0
GPA: 4
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all Admitted Students! [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 19:16
Hi Guys! Is there anyone from Russia? ))
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE: Analyst (Retail Banking)

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 18

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all Admitted Students! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2014, 08:42
I'm excited to have been accepted into Stern. I'm looking to go into consulting, how about everyone else?

MBA Data Guru Blog

Intern
Intern

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all Admitted Students! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2014, 18:22
ConsultingOrBust wrote:
I'm excited to have been accepted into Stern. I'm looking to go into consulting, how about everyone else?

IB or corporate finance, haven't decided yet.

I'm excited too, but I'm still thinking how I'm going to finance MBA. :?: Who's going to take a loan and what is more important where? Particularly, international students. It's a pitty that Stern doesn't provide financing to international students :cry:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Schools: Booth - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 45

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all Admitted Students! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2014, 19:18
89127926989 wrote:
ConsultingOrBust wrote:

IB or corporate finance, haven't decided yet.

I'm excited too, but I'm still thinking how I'm going to finance MBA. :?: Who's going to take a loan and what is more important where? Particularly, international students. It's a pitty that Stern doesn't provide financing to international students :cry:

Seems like there are a few options for international students at Stern to borrow without a US co-signer:

http://www.stern.nyu.edu/portal-partner ... /index.htm

Haven't really figured out the whole financing part yet, but the option to get private loans without a US co-signer would be a really big deal for me.

So excited to meet you guys.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE: Analyst (Retail Banking)

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 18

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all Admitted Students! [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2014, 09:51
I'm worried about financing too. I'll probably need to take out like 80K in loans. I will probably go with Sallie Mae because they have loans for as low as 2.25%.

Are you guys going to accepted student weekend?

MBA Data Guru Blog

Intern
Intern

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all Admitted Students! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2014, 19:57
ConsultingOrBust wrote:
I'm worried about financing too. I'll probably need to take out like 80K in loans. I will probably go with Sallie Mae because they have loans for as low as 2.25%.

I'm not... I'd better save money, for I'll definitely need it :lol:

Who is going to live on campus? I've heard a lot about it, that it's relatively expensive, rooms are rather small, and so on... I'm contemplating renting an apartment and most probably sharing it with somebody... Anyone have any experience and thoughts to share?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 680 Q V0
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.53

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all Admitted Students! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2014, 11:31
89127926989 wrote:
ConsultingOrBust wrote:

I'm not... I'd better save money, for I'll definitely need it :lol:

Who is going to live on campus? I've heard a lot about it, that it's relatively expensive, rooms are rather small, and so on... I'm contemplating renting an apartment and most probably sharing it with somebody... Anyone have any experience and thoughts to share?

I'll be looking to rent an apt with roommates as well. I've heard the same thing about the apartments Stern offers...relatively expensive, small (even by NYC standards), only a 9 month lease which can be a problem if you're planning on spending the summer in NYC, etc.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Schools: Booth - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 45

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all Admitted Students! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2014, 12:37
ConsultingOrBust wrote:

Currently planning on making it to the accepted students weekend, though it would partially depend on what happens to my other schools. Not a big trip for me, since I would have friends' places to crash and such.

A LOT of people did warn me that I should start searching for housing far, far in advance, especially if I plan on living in Manhattan, so maybe that weekend would be the perfect time to start that process. And I would probably be looking for roommates as well (first time in six years!).
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE: Project Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all Admitted Students! [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2014, 10:13
Hey everyone! Can't wait to meet you all!

Re: housing, if anyone has any questions about apartment hunting feel free to PM me. I've been living in NY since graduating college so I've done the process before, and I know how intimidating it can be!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V32
GMAT 2: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 3: 710 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE: Analyst (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all Admitted Students! [#permalink] New post 06 May 2014, 19:18
89127926989 wrote:
Hi Guys! Is there anyone from Russia? ))

Hi 89127926989! Im from Russia too! Do u live in US or coming directli from russia?Congrats on your acceptance! I look forward to meeting u and others on campus soon!!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all Admitted Students! [#permalink] New post 07 May 2014, 12:44
Hey guys--just got my acceptance. Moving from LA. Looking forward to meeting you guys!
Manager
Manager
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 14

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all Admitted Students! [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2014, 05:15
For those admitted students who are gearing up on stuff from Amazon.com, we are eligible to a free 6 month subscription of their Amazon Student program, which gives us free 2-day shipping and some exclusive offers. It will come in handy for textbooks and stuff for our new homes. If interested, just register your .edu e-mail address to your Amazon account, through the following link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup ... pe=generic

Best of luck!
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all Admitted Students!   [#permalink] 28 Jul 2014, 05:15