Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2015, 05:42
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.56
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2014, 07:54
I just received the update from NYU, denied admission :(
To provide a timeline:
Applied: 11/15
Wait-listed: 1/27
Interview Invite: 2/28
Interviewed: 3/19
Decision Received: 4/7

Best of luck to all the candidates awaiting decisions!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2014, 10:19
Mh83 wrote:
To provide a timeline:

Sorry to hear that. Had you taken any steps to get off the waitlist/get your interview?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 07:18
Hi everyone. I was accepted R2 and have recently found I may have a huge problem when trying to get a job after bschool. I made a huge mistake and got a DUI 6 years ago. It's classified as a misdemeanor, but nonetheless still have the conviction. Obviously it wasn't a problem in my application, but now I understand it may be when trying to get an ibanking job post bschool. Does anyone know if people have be turned away from banking jobs if they have a DUI?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Preview of Stern’s Preview Weekend [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 09:00
FROM NYU Stern Admissions Blog: Preview of Stern’s Preview Weekend
Preview Weekend, or Admitted Students Weekend, is one of my favorite parts of the Stern education. This past weekend marked my third (and probably last) Preview Weekend. I fondly remember my Read More
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 18:38
Sorry if this was already discussed, but does anybody know when financial aid packages are sent out?
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 239

Kudos [?]: 1644 [0], given: 1291

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 22:35
Expert's post
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting are conducting a webinar for the applicants got dinged this year. This is your opportunity to get expert guidance and build a smart strategy for the next application round/season. Webinar will be conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session - this is your opportunity to ask your specific questions.

One lucky attendee will get the opportunity to have his/her (dinged) profile evaluated by Jon Frank during the session. If you'd like to be chosen for this opportunity, please email info@admissionado.com with the subject line "GMAT Club Webinar - Choose me!". Please include your name, nationality, age, GMAT score and a list of schools where you were dinged. And please also attach your essays + resume + LORs from one of your applications. Winner will be notified via email on April 16th!

Here are the details of Webinar

Title :- Dealing with a Ding
Day & Date :- Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time :- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
NOTE :- There are only 100 spots available, so sign up early!

Live Q&A with B-School Adcoms - 2015 Season

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.43
WE: Accounting (Entertainment and Sports)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2014, 16:43
Mh83 wrote:
To provide a timeline:

Same here:

Wait-listed: 2/3
Interviewed: 3/20
Denied: 4/7
Manager
Manager

Preview Weekend [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2014, 14:00
FROM NYU Stern Admissions Blog: Preview Weekend
This past weekend was “Preview Weekend” — where admitted students get to join us at Stern for a few days of programming, dinners, social events, and lots of probing questions Read More
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2014, 09:27
Its been dangerously quite here. Any invites lately. Haven't heard from the Adcom and its been a month since i interviewed
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2014, 11:56
I just got my final decision. Oh well. Onwards and upwards.

Applied (10/16/13)
Invited (12/4/13)
Interviewed (12/11/13)
WL Decision (1/23/14)
Rejection (4/15/14)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2014, 14:04
Hi all,

Quite late to the game, I'm a Round 4 applicant for the Berkley Scholarship and have received an interview invitation for the 25th of April (flying out from the UK!)

Has anyone else applied/been interviewed for the Berkley Scholarship? I'm wondering whether the interview will differ from the normal MBA interview, it is still 30 minutes long, but I expect there will be an emphasis on the "why do you think you're ready now?" area.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2014, 22:24
Anyone who interviewed for Nov round and waiting for final admit?
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2014, 09:48
chdheeraj1 wrote:

Yep... 3 months on the waitlist = not fun
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.55
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2014, 11:35
jortim4 wrote:
chdheeraj1 wrote:

I've also been on the waitlist for 3 months with no interview. Not sure what to do at this point.
Manager
Manager

Stern Follies [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2014, 14:00
FROM NYU Stern Admissions Blog: Stern Follies
My best friends and I make fun of each other constantly. When strangers see me with my friends they probably wonder if we even like each other. That is one Read More

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.49

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 20

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2014, 04:20
Pyar wrote:
jortim4 wrote:
chdheeraj1 wrote:

I've also been on the waitlist for 3 months with no interview. Not sure what to do at this point.

Did you send them supplemental essays and recommendations?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.55
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2014, 07:50
registerincog wrote:
Pyar wrote:
jortim4 wrote:

Yes sent them an essay saying that I'm still committed to NYU and clarifying my career goals. I also sent them an additional recommendation.
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2014, 14:35
Pyar wrote:
registerincog wrote:
Pyar wrote:

Yes sent them an essay saying that I'm still committed to NYU and clarifying my career goals. I also sent them an additional recommendation.

I did the same, with an additional visit as well. I'm gonna wait until late May and then send a final letter; a "hail mary" of sorts. Not much else you can do! *shrug*
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.49

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 20

Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2014, 00:30
Yes sent them an essay saying that I'm still committed to NYU and clarifying my career goals. I also sent them an additional recommendation.[/quote]

I did the same, with an additional visit as well. I'm gonna wait until late May and then send a final letter; a "hail mary" of sorts. Not much else you can do! *shrug*[/quote]

How was the visit? Did they not give you an timeline indication? Best of luck to all of us !
Manager
Manager

Leaning In at Stern [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2014, 09:00
FROM NYU Stern Admissions Blog: Leaning In at Stern
Around the start of first semester, the New York Times published a controversial article on gender equity at Harvard Business School that quickly dominated the discourse on what it means to Read More

Leaning In at Stern   [#permalink] 25 Apr 2014, 09:00

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31    Next  [ 614 posts ]