Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 02:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stern (NYU) Part-Time Class of 2017: Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Stern (NYU) Part-Time Class of 2017: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2013, 22:00
I also just recieved admissions.

I applied 5/15 and was invited to interview. I interviewed 7/23 and received notification 7/30.

Good-luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern (NYU) Part-Time Class of 2017: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2013, 07:28
Hey all, can someone please provide instructions on how to view the number of admitted students that people keep referencing in this thread? To be clear, I am an admitted student, but am unsure how to access that information.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern PT '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern (NYU) Part-Time Class of 2017: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2013, 07:53
In Sternlinks, click on groups and ptnewadmits. 316 people, currently.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern (NYU) Part-Time Class of 2017: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2013, 08:00
I don't seem to be part of that group, or any group for that matter. Are we suppose to join ourselves, or were you automatically added to it?

Thanks.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Stern PT '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern (NYU) Part-Time Class of 2017: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2013, 05:23
prayandhope wrote:
I don't seem to be part of that group, or any group for that matter. Are we suppose to join ourselves, or were you automatically added to it?

Thanks.

You should have been added by the Group admin. I know this tends to happen in batches, so it is possible they simply haven't gotten to you yet.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GRE 1: 1350 Q770 V580
GPA: 3.31
WE: Accounting (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Stern (NYU) Part-Time Class of 2017: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2013, 07:36
has anyone had problem with "work history" form?
the form is locked for editing (can't expand cells, etc), and i wrote pretty hefty on reason for leaving so it appears as cutoff.
Any suggestions?
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern (NYU) Part-Time Class of 2017: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2013, 08:08
For those who intervieed, it would be greatly appreciated if you can share some insights: what you wore, how long it took, who you were interviewed by, questions you were asked, and how much info they knew about you before the interview.
Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Stern PT '16
GMAT 1: 680 Q37 V45
GPA: 3.2
WE: Sales (Retail)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 1

Re: Stern (NYU) Part-Time Class of 2017: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2013, 08:42
This post received
KUDOS
stihum wrote:
For those who intervieed, it would be greatly appreciated if you can
share some insights: what you wore, how long it took, who you were interviewed by, questions you were asked, and how much info they knew about you before the interview.
Thanks!

Hi, yes I interviewed back in July and was admitted 2 weeks later. I started Stern last month.
The interview was fairly straight forward. The interviewer was very familiar with my résumé and application.
The big take away I had from the interview was that NYU wanted to clarify why I exactly i wanted an MBA (I have non-tradition career). I had a strong application, but maybe didn't explain well enough in the essays why...
Most questions were - why MBA, why Stern, what will u do after MBA, how will MBA help your career, what's your back-up plan after MBA, how will you be involved in Stern (have exact clubs in mind), what positions would you take in clubs and why (know diff. types of officers and why u would run for the job...even if u wouldn't). And of course be prepared to answer traditional questions about your background and current job.
One random q I was asked was: If you were to write a book about yourself, what would the title be?
I wore a suit, but not too conservative (I'm a girl). The interview took about 45min.

Good luck all and don't worry, if u are invited to interview as a part-timer, my guess is that you are 90% admitted, they just want clarify some things about you.

Intern
Intern

Re: Stern (NYU) Part-Time Class of 2017: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 07:40
Thanks Tallymia.
But I'm worried because on NYU part-time website, it says "most part-time applicants are admitted without interview"
:x

tallymia wrote:
stihum wrote:
For those who intervieed, it would be greatly appreciated if you can
share some insights: what you wore, how long it took, who you were interviewed by, questions you were asked, and how much info they knew about you before the interview.
Thanks!

Hi, yes I interviewed back in July and was admitted 2 weeks later. I started Stern last month.
The interview was fairly straight forward. The interviewer was very familiar with my résumé and application.
The big take away I had from the interview was that NYU wanted to clarify why I exactly i wanted an MBA (I have non-tradition career). I had a strong application, but maybe didn't explain well enough in the essays why...
Most questions were - why MBA, why Stern, what will u do after MBA, how will MBA help your career, what's your back-up plan after MBA, how will you be involved in Stern (have exact clubs in mind), what positions would you take in clubs and why (know diff. types of officers and why u would run for the job...even if u wouldn't). And of course be prepared to answer traditional questions about your background and current job.
One random q I was asked was: If you were to write a book about yourself, what would the title be?
I wore a suit, but not too conservative (I'm a girl). The interview took about 45min.

Good luck all and don't worry, if u are invited to interview as a part-timer, my guess is that you are 90% admitted, they just want clarify some things about you.

Current Student
Schools: Stern PT '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.44
WE: Analyst (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Stern (NYU) Part-Time Class of 2017: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2013, 18:02
GMATClub is a great resource and although this is my first post I used (obsessed over) it many times during my app process, found the insight invaluable, and feel like I should contribute something.

I work in media analytics and come from a non-traditional background. I promoted several times with my most recent employer until we were acquired by a very high profile social media firm. I plan to continue working in media analytics, either digital or TV.

Here are my stats:

Undergrad: State Univ.
Undergrad GPA: 3.44 (Econ)
Grad: CUNY School
Grad GPA: 3.92 (Econ)
1st GMAT: 680 (42Q/40V)
Applied: 9/15/13
Invited to interview: 11/5/13
Interviewed: 11/11/13
Accepted: 11/18/13

The interview was very conversational, relaxed even. I was asked "why MBA" and how I plan to participate in the Stern community. I left feeling as though it went very well and was notified of acceptance exactly 1 week later. Good luck to all - see you Spring '14!
Re: Stern (NYU) Part-Time Class of 2017: Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 18 Nov 2013, 18:02