Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 06:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stern Part-Time Fall 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Stern PT '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2012, 12:05
ru0023 wrote:
still no westchester admits?

It's surprising. May be people who got in to Westchester campus are not accessing this forum. If someone knows anybody who got admitted to Westchester, please share with us.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2012, 10:28
Congrats BrainChild!! Great news to hear. Was the Manhattan Weekend program your first choice?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2012, 12:57
Any update on the new student database?
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 07:49
aj2112 wrote:
Congrats BrainChild!! Great news to hear. Was the Manhattan Weekend program your first choice?

Yeah. Manhattan Weekend was my first choice.
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 07:50
solstice12 wrote:
Got in to Manhattan weeknights! So excited!

Congratulations!
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU Stern Part-Time (Langone)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 09:09
Congrats!!!

rona0521 wrote:
I just got into the Manhattan Weeknight program!!! I'm so excited! Congrats to everyone else who has received the wonderful news and for those of you who haven't, don't loose hope! I would consider myself well rounded with great WE, but my GMAT score sucks. I got a 590 the first time and a 620 the second time. But I guess the adcom did weigh all parts of the application and I guess my other factors counted.
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 12:03
Any update on the number of admits in the student database?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Operations
Schools: Stern PT '15 (S)
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 21:55
imdaShiy wrote:
Checked the new student database just now... 356 people there today.

Where do you go to check the database?
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2012, 11:46
Hi all, I'm applying for either the spring '13 or fall '13 program PT Stern program, and am hoping for a profile evaluation here ..
I haven't taken the GMAT yet and want to know what score is my lower threshold is for acceptance (am enrolled in a prep class, just have very little time to study)

GPA: Undergraduate 3.7 in Political Science (honors program) from US top-30 institution (US News, National University rankings)
GPA: Masters 3.9 International Relations from a US top-5 program (Foreign Policy, IR rankings)
GMAT: ???
WE in consulting for ~2 years (first at large management consulting firm, now at a well-regarded market research firm), ~5 years as military officer pre-Masters
Background: white male, US military veteran/officer (Afghanistan veteran)
Anticipate good recommendation letters from VPs at my firm
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2012, 05:19
TDL1234 wrote:
Hi all, I'm applying for either the spring '13 or fall '13 program PT Stern program, and am hoping for a profile evaluation here ..
I haven't taken the GMAT yet and want to know what score is my lower threshold is for acceptance (am enrolled in a prep class, just have very little time to study)

GPA: Undergraduate 3.7 in Political Science (honors program) from US top-30 institution (US News, National University rankings)
GPA: Masters 3.9 International Relations from a US top-5 program (Foreign Policy, IR rankings)
GMAT: ???
WE in consulting for ~2 years (first at large management consulting firm, now at a well-regarded market research firm), ~5 years as military officer pre-Masters
Background: white male, US military veteran/officer (Afghanistan veteran)
Anticipate good recommendation letters from VPs at my firm

I'm no expert but looking at the admits from the past 2 years, I notice that they do accept people with Gmat scores close to 600 if they have good work exp. and a strong profile. So i would say if you can get, at least, their lower range then you should apply. I'm not sure if this will help but i scored a 700 and i'll probally not get in, so i would say study hard for the GMAT but don't forget about the rest.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2012, 05:36
Any updates in the accepted student database?
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2012, 15:05
Received my notification this afternoon -- denied :(

Best of luck to those still waiting!
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2012, 15:08
i did too :(

i'm thinking about if i should reapply for spring or next fall..

aj2112 wrote:
Received my notification this afternoon -- denied :(

Best of luck to those still waiting!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 610 Q V
GPA: 3.6

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2012, 15:31
aj2112, asaf650 -- sorry to hear the news, but wanted to tell you that I was also rejected the first time I applied and resubmitted for fall and was just accepted. Still had a low gmat, but my score had improved from my first application. Also -- I took courses toward a certificate program at NYU's SCPS, so even though I didn't get into Stern, this time around I was able to make the argument that I still began studies through this extension program to better prepare myself for business school. If you do decide to apply again and can tell a story about how you've improved, I think you'll have a good shot. Don't get discouraged!
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2012, 15:56
thanks for the words of encouragement solstice12!

i am definitely going to retake the gmat and would take on a class at a community college, but am concerned i won't have ample time considering applications for spring are due on September 15. however, i can complete a class and apply on a rolling basis (after the deadline). when was the first time you applied? for the spring semester or for last fall's semester?

solstice12 wrote:
aj2112, asaf650 -- sorry to hear the news, but wanted to tell you that I was also rejected the first time I applied and resubmitted for fall and was just accepted. Still had a low gmat, but my score had improved from my first application. Also -- I took courses toward a certificate program at NYU's SCPS, so even though I didn't get into Stern, this time around I was able to make the argument that I still began studies through this extension program to better prepare myself for business school. If you do decide to apply again and can tell a story about how you've improved, I think you'll have a good shot. Don't get discouraged!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Operations
Schools: Stern PT '15 (S)
GPA: 3.8
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2012, 17:58
asaf650, your profile says you live in SF, do you live there now? I lived in SF until 3 weeks ago and three days after I moved to NYC and changed my address on the Stern website to an NYC address, I was accepted. I'm not sure if that was a coincidence or not, but I do think that the adcom wants to make sure that applicants have a plan in place about how they are going to move to new york, how that affects their career, etc.

asaf650 wrote:

i am definitely going to retake the gmat and would take on a class at a community college, but am concerned i won't have ample time considering applications for spring are due on September 15. however, i can complete a class and apply on a rolling basis (after the deadline). when was the first time you applied? for the spring semester or for last fall's semester?

solstice12 wrote:
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2012, 20:44
Rona0521, yes, I live in SF at the moment. My plan was to relocate upon admission to Stern. I got prior consent from my management to relocate since the company I work for has a presence in NYC (through sales offices and prior acquisitions) and I can do my job from one of the two offices in Manhattan. I thought I did a pretty good job of explaining this in Essay 3, but I guess it wasn't enough. I'm convinced it was my GMAT score that sold me short.

Thanks for your feedback. I hope you're going through a smooth transition in NYC. :)

rona0521 wrote:
asaf650, your profile says you live in SF, do you live there now? I lived in SF until 3 weeks ago and three days after I moved to NYC and changed my address on the Stern website to an NYC address, I was accepted. I'm not sure if that was a coincidence or not, but I do think that the adcom wants to make sure that applicants have a plan in place about how they are going to move to new york, how that affects their career, etc.

asaf650 wrote:

solstice12 wrote:
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2012, 07:27
Sorry to hear the news, asaf and aj! I would definitely encourage you to work on whatever you think would improve your chances next semester and re-apply. There are so many re-applicant success stories. So, keep hope alive and work your butt off in the meantime. We're rooting for ya.
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2012, 08:43
Is it recommended to submit the resume as per Stern's Resume Format? Does the resume has to be 1 page?
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2012, 10:06
Hi Everyone!! Can you please, please, please share the current headcount on the Stern part-time mba group? I applied before the deadline (May 15th) and have not heard a word yet. Do you think there is still hope or tomorrow would be pretty much a "No" day? Any insights will be helpful!! Thanks!
Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 31 Jul 2012, 10:06