Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 14:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Schools: Stern PT '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE: Corporate Finance (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2012, 12:36
Got the email notice at 12:16pm today. I got into the weeknights program!!! I'm thrilled.

Male, 25, American (Asian-descent)
3.3 years WE (finance for big pharma/consumer)
GMAT: 750 (Q49, V44, AWA 6.0, IR 8)
GPA: Poor
Recommendations: Excellent (2 managers)
Extracurriculars: Good (post-undergrad); Excellent (undergrad)
Essays: Very Good (essay 3 written and not 'creative')

Applied a couple of weeks after the soft deadline. Can't wait to get started!

Anyone else who has applied, please post!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 08:20
Congratulations!! I guess I'll be seeing you soon.

mvpnog wrote:
Got the email notice at 12:16pm today. I got into the weeknights program!!! I'm thrilled.

Male, 25, American (Asian-descent)
3.3 years WE (finance for big pharma/consumer)
GMAT: 750 (Q49, V44, AWA 6.0, IR 8)
GPA: Poor
Recommendations: Excellent (2 managers)
Extracurriculars: Good (post-undergrad); Excellent (undergrad)
Essays: Very Good (essay 3 written and not 'creative')

Applied a couple of weeks after the soft deadline. Can't wait to get started!

Anyone else who has applied, please post!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 06:56
Anyone know when the Fall 2013 applications will become available? And if the essay questions will change from Spring 2013 Apps?

Thanks in advance!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 12:18
loser wrote:

I'm no expert but looking at the admits from the past 2 years, I notice that they do accept people with Gmat scores close to 600 if they have good work exp. and a strong profile. So i would say if you can get, at least, their lower range then you should apply. I'm not sure if this will help but i scored a 700 and i'll probally not get in, so i would say study hard for the GMAT but don't forget about the rest.

Hope this helps.

Hey man, I am curious as to why you believe you would not gain acceptance with a 700 GMAT score. What did you feel you overlooked in your application?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 18:06
I got admission letter this monday too.
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 18:20
lcm319 wrote:
Hello! I heard back from admissions today (around 10am), and have been asked to come in and complete an interview for the Spring 2013 Part-time program. Very exciting news since NYU is absolutely my first choice and my GPA/GMAT are both on the low end of Stern's range. I'll be interviewing on 11/5...wish me luck!

Any advice or tips you all have would be appreciated :)

Hope some of you hear back today as well!

-L

hi lcm319,
I was invited to an interview too. The interviewer was super nice... and young.... :)
In order to prepare for the interview, I tried to google to see what questions Stern admission committee would like to ask, here is my suggestions, check both full time and part time since the committee were same group of people. But if you don't have enough time to prepare, just prepare questions of "why mba" "why stern" "why part time", "tell me about yourself/career/education", these four questions are the must ask questions for all MBA school, including stern. Besides, check the stern website for the club for part time program, (I was so glad that I read through those while I was waiting for the interview at starbucks. )
and last, try to be relax, I was so nervous that I didn't think I performed that well, especially English is not my first language. so I was unsure about whether I would get the admission. The interviewers are all at our age ( 30 +/-), so just talk like you are trying to explain to a friend why you want to get a MBA, then you will be fine.

Hope this help.

-SCC
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8178 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 18:34
Expert's post
The Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 discussions have been split up!
Please PM me with any questions or suggestions.
Thank you!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 08:36
Endowing wrote:
Hey Chris558,

I am also looking to apply for the Fall 2013 start date. From what I have looked into the questions will remain the same, and, for the fall start date, they do not review applications before May 15th.

I attended the information session last week in Manhattan and was highly impressed (but of course it was impressive.. this is NYU). Their advice was to focus on the actual deadline and review your application thoroughly before submitting. There is NO benefit to submitting your application before the May 15th deadline.

Hope that helps! Keep in touch, we may become classmates next fall!

Hi Endowing,

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, let's definitely KIT =)
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2012, 08:33
Does anyone know whether or not NYU usually sends acceptance/rejection notices of one core group before another? (e.g. Manhattan weeknights before Westchester).

Has anyone (or knows anyone) been accepted to Westchester weeknights?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.1
WE: Accounting (Other)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 27

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 09:49
Anyone know if its too late to apply for spring 2013? NYU's website has been down due to the hurricane so wanted to ask here. Thanks!
Current Student

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 09:24
KAS1 wrote:
Anyone know if its too late to apply for spring 2013? NYU's website has been down due to the hurricane so wanted to ask here. Thanks!

Got my answer. I still have time! So happy to know they're accepting applications until December 1!! :-D :-D :-D
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 18:43
I'm In!!! got the response 11/06/12 - afternoon

See you guys soon!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
WE: Other (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2012, 09:56
scc wrote:
I got admission letter this monday too.

Hi SCC! Thanks for the suggestions/tips regarding the interview. How long after you interviewed did you get your admissions decision? I was told 2 - 3 weeks by the young woman who interviewed me and 1 - 2 weeks by the woman I scheduled my interview with over the phone.

Thanks!
-L
Current Student

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2012, 07:33
Submitted! PT Spring 2013. Wish me luck! :)
Intern
Intern
WE: Corporate Finance (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 08:43
Good luck, KAS1! The database showed 240 in the system as of last week, so ~10+ spots left unless people drop out. I'm guessing waitlisted folk who haven't heard back will hear in the next 2 weeks.
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 611

Kudos [?]: 2405 [0], given: 716

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 13:34
Expert's post

Live Essay Writing Workshop, presented by Admissionado

Sigh. The MBA Application essays. Who thought it was a good idea to ask people to write 2000 words before they even get INTO school? Turns out, it doesn’t matter, because someone did… and now you have to come up with the most compelling and memorable essays about leadership that you can. And then do it again for every school you apply to.

It’s not easy, but this upcoming event should help. Submit your MBA Application essay to have an opportunity to have it reviewed for free by the team at Admissionado. Three essays will be selected, and if you are one of the lucky ones, you will have the opportunity to go through your essay with Phillip Herring (admissions expert and CBS MBA) in a live session. You will need to be OK with sharing your essay with attendees (don’t worry – we’ll keep your name/private info out of it), and available and online at the time of the event to chat it up with Phillip. Even if you aren’t selected, listen in, because there will still be plenty of essay advice to go around.

Submit your essay to lauren@admissionado.com by Monday, December 3. You will find out if you are selected by Wednesday, December 5. Then join the live event on Thursday, December 6 at 6pm PST. Register Now [FREE!]

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 10:58
KAS1 wrote:

Hey KAS

Have you received the 'application received' email from NYU? I was surprised to see that only 10 seats are left.

JL
Current Student

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 11:36
JohnLock wrote:
KAS1 wrote:

Hey KAS

Have you received the 'application received' email from NYU? I was surprised to see that only 10 seats are left.

JL

Hi JL,

Yes I have received an email saying that they've recived my application and it is currently being processed. I also received a password to check the status of the application. Do we know for sure that NYU only accepts 250 students or is that an estimate?? I hope it's an estimate
Intern
Intern
WE: Corporate Finance (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 11:44
Stern's part-time program typical class sizes are 450 in the Fall and 250 in the Spring (I'm sure you know this, but I'm reiterating). 250 isn't necessarily a cap.

Checked the database and there are 245 admits now, with the last coming 2 days ago.

I'm definitely not the official word, but I'm sure they are still accepting people. If you submitted a couple days ago and you are a strong candidate, you may very well get in, so no worries! Based on the past forums, people get in way past Dec 1st for sure. :-)
Intern
Intern

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 11:33
Part-time application didn't have any option to submit a copy of transcripts online, unlike their full time app. Was I supposed to mail them the transcripts?
Also can someone check how many seats are left?
Thanks,
JL
Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 04 Dec 2012, 11:33