Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 06:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stern Students Help Make Stern A Second Tier Business School

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 685 [0], given: 548

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Stern Students Help Make Stern A Second Tier Business School [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2009, 12:34
Stern Students Help Make Stern A Second Tier Business School

http://nyulocal.com/on-campus/2009/03/0 ... ss-school/

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: Stern Students Help Make Stern A Second Tier Business School [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2009, 15:18
I find this very funny.
VP
VP
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 237 [0], given: 17

Re: Stern Students Help Make Stern A Second Tier Business School [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2009, 03:56
I wonder how much the jobs situation on Wall St. has impacted the student surveys. If many of them are facing unemployment, they may be unhappy overall and reflect that in the survey?

On a side note, +1 to solaris1 if he makes the picture in the article his new avatar...

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Stern Students Help Make Stern A Second Tier Business School [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2009, 15:58
Avg SAT in 1400s? Wow..I think if I was going to college these days, I would only be able to get into a community college........

BTW..I am sure the fact that the school lies in the center of the most depressing job markets is a major factor....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Stern Students Help Make Stern A Second Tier Business School [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2009, 11:00
spgny wrote:
Avg SAT in 1400s? Wow..I think if I was going to college these days, I would only be able to get into a community college........

BTW..I am sure the fact that the school lies in the center of the most depressing job markets is a major factor....

I think there are 3 tests now, not 2.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Stern Students Help Make Stern A Second Tier Business School [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2009, 11:03
Yeah it's slim pickings for Sternies in the current job market. They depend a lot on Wall Street for jobs and internships. Also, I think bc they paid a lot in tuition and see the kind of jobs their predecessors got, they're less likely to take a corp fin job in the Midwest than some of the students at other undergrad bschools.

I think that SAT score reflects only the avg of the verbal and math scores. The exam switched in 2005, and since a lot of high school students take the exam in their junior year, it's still possible for people who took the old exams to be in college. Therefore, they avg just the verbal and math scores. I mean if it were out of 2400, an avg of 1435 would give you less than 500pts on each section, which is like community college standards.

Stern has alway had a pretty high avg SAT, usually around 1400 or so. But it has been going up. I agree with spgny, it's a lot more competitive to get into college now then it used to be.
Re: Stern Students Help Make Stern A Second Tier Business School   [#permalink] 09 Dec 2009, 11:03