Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 00:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Still not sure, Experts please Suggest

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User
Still not sure, Experts please Suggest [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2013, 00:07
Hello All,

I score 580(Q47, V23) in my first attempt on 20th March.

Now after taking long break of 3 - 4 moths I started again in the month of September. I decided to take it on Nov 1st week but has been dalying since I took my first Mock and scored 640 in GMAT prep I

I decided to book the test the day I touch 700 on Gmat prep. Last week I gave 3 tests with below scores.

1. GMAT Prep I - 700 (Q49, V37)
2. GMAT prep II - 690 (Q48, V37)
3. Veritas free test - 700(Q48 V38)

But honestly I am still not Convinced with my scores because of two reasons

Firstly I aim for 700 + but I am not sure will be able to improve my score more with my full time job (Already taken 3 weeks off cos of GMAT)
Second I saw few repeats in the GMAT prep as I gave the same mocks in March (On +ve side I did not rem the correct answers as I gave the Mock 6 months back)

I plan to book it on coming Saturday and I have checked the favorable slots are available.

I have purchased the exam pack 1 from mba.com and plan to give those mocks today and tomorrow.
If I score more +- 20 near 700 Shall I go ahead and book the Exam or not ???

Please advise seeing my target score of 700 +

Thanks in advance
Abhinav

Regards,
Abhinav

GMAT 1 - 580 (Q47 V23) a-tight-slap-on-face-149457.html

GMAT 2 - 670 (Q48 V34) 670-one-month-off-from-office-and-2-months-hard-work-163761.html#p1297561

“If you don't change your life; your life will change you.”

Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 276

Kudos [?]: 600 [0], given: 5

Re: Still not sure, Experts please Suggest [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2013, 12:55
Expert's post
Looks like you are in generally good shape. I would not worry about seeing questions you have seen before. The fact that you didn't get those wrong is a good thing.

Sure - go ahead and test yourself a bit more to give yourself extra confidence. Make sure you look through your mistakes to see if there are any glaring patterns that point out what you can work on.

If you'd like to test yourself further, you can check out our Sample GMAT Practice Test Online.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1010

Kudos [?]: 4296 [1] , given: 161

Re: Still not sure, Experts please Suggest [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2013, 20:29
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
abhinav11 wrote:
Hello All,

I score 580(Q47, V23) in my first attempt on 20th March.

Now after taking long break of 3 - 4 moths I started again in the month of September. I decided to take it on Nov 1st week but has been dalying since I took my first Mock and scored 640 in GMAT prep I

I decided to book the test the day I touch 700 on Gmat prep. Last week I gave 3 tests with below scores.

1. GMAT Prep I - 700 (Q49, V37)
2. GMAT prep II - 690 (Q48, V37)
3. Veritas free test - 700(Q48 V38)

But honestly I am still not Convinced with my scores because of two reasons

Firstly I aim for 700 + but I am not sure will be able to improve my score more with my full time job (Already taken 3 weeks off cos of GMAT)
Second I saw few repeats in the GMAT prep as I gave the same mocks in March (On +ve side I did not rem the correct answers as I gave the Mock 6 months back)

I plan to book it on coming Saturday and I have checked the favorable slots are available.

I have purchased the exam pack 1 from mba.com and plan to give those mocks today and tomorrow.
If I score more +- 20 near 700 Shall I go ahead and book the Exam or not ???

Please advise seeing my target score of 700 +

Thanks in advance
Abhinav

Even if you get 780 is every practice test you take, there is no "guarantee" that you will score 750+ in GMAT because there are some other factors in play when you face the actual test. There is pressure; there is anxiety - they may be good or bad for you. Some people perform very well under pressure, some not-so-well. Take the mba.com mocks and if you see scores around your target score, you should go ahead and take the test. Don't wait to be 100% sure because that rarely happens. If you are satisfied with your performance on the mocks, you should go ahead.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Still not sure, Experts please Suggest [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2013, 19:27
Thank you guys for your suggestions I just booked it for the weekend ..

Hopefully I am not in for another disastorous Surprise.

Will update the score here once done

Regards,
Abhinav

GMAT 2 - 670 (Q48 V34) 670-one-month-off-from-office-and-2-months-hard-work-163761.html#p1297561

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Still not sure, Experts please Suggest [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 05:10
As mentioned I gave last two remaining tests I scored following scores

GMAT Prep III - 640 (Q49 V28)

GMAT PREP IV - 690 (Q49 V35)

First of these tests were given in breaks and 2nd which I gave today was without a single minute break.
SO I have scored 690 thrice i he GMAT mocks and whole of my score depends on Verbal now as I am continuously scoring 49 in Q (Hopefully in Real GMAT as well)

And I have already booked the test so I can only pray for one my best days in GMAT...

Any advice on what to do one day before REAL GMAT ?

Regards,
Abhinav

Regards,
Abhinav

Re: Still not sure, Experts please Suggest   [#permalink] 21 Nov 2013, 05:10