Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 21:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Strategy for study as i scheduled my paper on 7 sept.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Strategy for study as i scheduled my paper on 7 sept. [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 22:21
I have done MGmat ,OG and all but unfortunately took break from study from the last one month and paper is on 7th of sept ,So kindly suggest any strategy
that will help me to get succeed in GMAT

Anshul
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Project Management Professional (PMP)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 24 [1] , given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Strategy for study as i scheduled my paper on 7 sept. [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 23:50
This post received
KUDOS
anshulece11 wrote:
I have done MGmat ,OG and all but unfortunately took break from study from the last one month and paper is on 7th of sept ,So kindly suggest any strategy
that will help me to get succeed in GMAT

Anshul

Hi

Hope you have done both OG10,12. Also you can do the official guide for gmat verbal.review, 2nd.edition.

Practice RC from LSAT RC Bible, for quant you can get lots of material online... Be in touch with basics &
do lots of with practice tests

Before main exam attempt all MGMAT exams

All the best

Best
Vaibhav

If you found my contribution helpful, please click the +1 Kudos button on the left, Thanks

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Strategy for study as i scheduled my paper on 7 sept. [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2012, 00:36
I have done the OG 's but i think MGmat for RC is also better pls advise more that what to do next as i already taken the break of about one month
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 278

Kudos [?]: 618 [0], given: 5

Re: Strategy for study as i scheduled my paper on 7 sept. [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2012, 10:52
Expert's post
anshulece11 wrote:
I have done the OG 's but i think MGmat for RC is also better pls advise more that what to do next as i already taken the break of about one month

You should review the questions that you previously attempted 1 month ago. Whatever percentage you get correct now should be much higher than the percentage you got correct 1 month ago. If not, then there is a problem with your retention.

Go through sets of questions - beginning with your weakest section and see how you do. Make sure you keep track of questions you get right/wrong. One option is to create a free account on the Practice Pill Platform and it will automatically track which questions you attempted, which ones you got right/wrong - so you can revisit them later.

Here are some SC practice sets: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... -questions

This is crucial for making incremental improvements.

You still have time. I'd save the last 2 weeks for full length practice CATS and mental preparation. For now, focus on fundamentals and test strategy.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

BSchool Thread Master
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: ISB '14 (D)
GMAT 1: 570 Q49 V19
GMAT 2: 700 Q51 V31
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 39

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Strategy for study as i scheduled my paper on 7 sept. [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2012, 02:37
First of all. Take a mock test to see where you are!

Then, try solving the question topic by topic starting with easy difficulty and moving forward to medium and hard.

Prepare a xls sheet (topic by topic).. and keep a track of your progress on a daily basis. Use color coding (Red,Orange,Green).
Red: You are weak in theory - brush up your concepts.
Orange - Done with theory but weak in application of the concepts
Green - Done with the topic

Go back to the theory for those topics which are in red. And then move them to orange when you are done with them and then to green when you are done with the practice too!

Hope it helps!

ankit
you must believe

How to start GMAT preparations?
How to Improve Quant Score?
gmatclub topic tags
Check out my GMAT debrief
Thursdays with Ron link
Looking for a Quant tutor? Check out my post for the same!

Combined Formula Sheet :
Number Properties || Word Problems and PnC || Equations, Inequalities || Geometry

How to Solve :
Statistics || Reflection of a line || Remainder Problems

Re: Strategy for study as i scheduled my paper on 7 sept.   [#permalink] 08 Aug 2012, 02:37