Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 11:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stratergy 10 days to go

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Stratergy 10 days to go [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2010, 10:23
I have 10 days before my GMAT. I have taken 4 Kaplan and 4 Manhattan tests. One GMATprep test. On the Kaplan I got on average 670 and on the Manhattan's I got on average 630. The GMATprep 650. I'm aiming for 700...and only have 10 more days. Sometimes I do better in quants and other times I do better in verbal. Not very consistent in what areas I get correct/wrong in both verbal (CR, RC and SC) and quants.

I am debating between focusing on the OG 11th edition and 12th edition and doing the problems again in verbal and quants or taking more online Kaplan/Manhattan tests.

Any suggestions/ stategies to improve my score.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 7

Re: Stratergy 10 days to go [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2010, 10:54
i would suggest taking more Online tests.. Specially Manhattan CAT tests (tougher than actual) and GMATPrep (same as actual exam). But DO NOT OVERDO. Take 1 test every 2-3 days and STOP 2 days prior to the exam.

Make sure you analyze each and every question you solve (correct or incorrect) and do a Root Cause Analysis for all the ones you missed.

And when you are not sitting with your laptop, take the OG (11 or 12 ed) and try your hands on some tough questions (i am sure you might have marked the ones you missed during your prep) and read the explanation.

Make sure to give your brain sufficient rest 2 days before the exam.

-Prabir
Expert Post
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 68

Kudos [?]: 187 [0], given: 2

Re: Stratergy 10 days to go [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2010, 14:02
Expert's post
Definitely take 2-3 more tests between now and test day, but not any more than that, and make sure you take the day or two between the big day off.

At this point in your studies, everything you do should be timed. Don't try to really learn any brand new content, because you probably won't have time to fully absorb that material; rather, focus on mastering material you've already learned well.

Finally, keep your eye on Test Day, but don't let it get to you. The GMAT is a tough test, but you can be one of the thousands of GMAT success stories out there.

Eli Meyer
Kaplan Teacher
http://www.kaptest.com/GMAT

Prepare with Kaplan and save $150 on a course!

Kaplan Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Stratergy 10 days to go [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2010, 15:08
Thanks for the suggestions. There is so much to go over/revise in 10 days.
Re: Stratergy 10 days to go   [#permalink] 28 Apr 2010, 15:08