Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 13:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

stratus prep admission consultants evaluation??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 13

stratus prep admission consultants evaluation?? [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 17:58
hi there

has anyone dealt with this company? any comments?

if you visit their website they claim to have a 60% admission rate at HBS and a 80% rate at Wharton! of course i am referring to the mba programs. both rates sound to be out of this world to say the least. are they legit?

I would appreciate any reply, good or bad

thanks

Posted from my mobile device Image

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [3] , given: 2

Re: stratus prep admission consultants evaluation?? [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2012, 09:05
This post received
KUDOS
I do not have experience using them, but I questioned them on some of their claims that seemed bogus and the responses were far from convincing. I have seen on other forums many rave reviews for them, but all reviews were from brand new members with 1 post, leading myself and many others to believe it is the company posting about themselves.
Things like that scared me away. There are many reputable firms out there that should be researched. In my eyes, any company that cannot easily and clearly validate their claims is not worth considering....if they cannot prove it then they should not be making the claims.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 13

Re: stratus prep admission consultants evaluation?? [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2012, 15:57
thebdouglas wrote:
I do not have experience using them, but I questioned them on some of their claims that seemed bogus and the responses were far from convincing. I have seen on other forums many rave reviews for them, but all reviews were from brand new members with 1 post, leading myself and many others to believe it is the company posting about themselves.
Things like that scared me away. There are many reputable firms out there that should be researched. In my eyes, any company that cannot easily and clearly validate their claims is not worth considering....if they cannot prove it then they should not be making the claims.

thanks for your reply !

when you say "reputable firms" which are you referring to as I am totally in the dark in this industry?
1 KUDOS received
Tuck Thread Master
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [1] , given: 67

Premium Member
Re: stratus prep admission consultants evaluation?? [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2012, 19:30
This post received
KUDOS
thebdouglas wrote:
...I have seen on other forums many rave reviews for them, but all reviews were from brand new members with 1 post, leading myself and many others to believe it is the company posting about themselves.

+1.

As the saying goes, if it's too good to be true, ....

All those enthusiastic reviews from new members with single posts, with no cons to provide balance, led me to believe that those are posts by the company. Keep in mind that this is my personal opinion after reading the Best Admissions Consulting thread in this forum.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: stratus prep admission consultants evaluation?? [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 14:25

!
Moderator's Warning: High potential for a non-genuine review. Posted by user with low number of posts.
[What does this mean?]

Hi,

I used Stratus for a consulting MBA app package. They basically helped me plan, prepare and proofread my application for HBS.
I got in, so that's a plus :)

I thought they did a great job at keeping me on schedule and guiding me along the way. And I really feel that the tag team strategy they had (Shawn & consultant) is what makes these guys a great consulting firm. It was always great to get a second opinion as we moved along. The team helped me map out my application process and plan my time accordingly. I put together a personal profile of myself, and worked with a consultant to decide on what stories I wanted to tell and convey via my essays. The multiple drafts of each essay was extremely helpful and made sure I submitted my top quality work.

If you're looking for someone to keep you on track, give you solid advice, and that knows some of the tricks of the trade, I'd highly recommend them.

My thought process was: If I'm going to apply to a top school, I'm going to give it my absolute all, and take all the help I can get.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 2

Re: stratus prep admission consultants evaluation?? [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 06:18
thebdouglas wrote:

I'm more active on beatthegmat.com, but I came across this post and wanted to include my two cents. You can read my detailed review on Stratus Prep and Shawn here: http://www.beatthegmat.com/anyone-use-a ... 15499.html

Its crazy to think that Shawn is spending his time making up fake accounts and writing post. The dude is a legitimate business man with an HBS MBA. He doesnt need to do that...

Best of luck.

Cheers,
Benjiboo

p.s. I will be going to Wharton for the class of 2015 - my number one choice.
Tuck Thread Master
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 67

Premium Member
Re: stratus prep admission consultants evaluation?? [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 07:18
benjiboo wrote:
I'm more active on beatthegmat.com, but I came across this post and wanted to include my two cents. You can read my detailed review on Stratus Prep and Shawn here: http://www.beatthegmat.com/anyone-use-a ... 15499.html

Its crazy to think that Shawn is spending his time making up fake accounts and writing post. The dude is a legitimate business man with an HBS MBA. He doesnt need to do that...

I'm still not convinced those reviews are genuine given that 1) the frequency of such posts from users with single-post history, and 2) the unbelievably spotless service by him according to those reviews.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: stratus prep admission consultants evaluation?? [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2013, 13:30
I was about to sign up with Stratus Prep and then I read “theK” posts here. The exact same reviewers appear on multiple threads on several of the MBA websites. Could they truly all be on a mission to advocate for Stratus Prep, while busily preparing for their HBS or GSB education? This feels very set up and makes me doubt the integrity of the firm.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: stratus prep admission consultants evaluation?? [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 20:51
Choosing an admissions consultant was a stressful process. I did free consultations with the founders of two different firms, and I loved both. Ultimately, I chose Stratus Prep because Shawn O'Connor is the smartest consultant I have ever encountered. He is a genius in his understanding of admissions offices and how they think about candidates.

I knew that I would work extremely hard to apply to my dream school (Wharton), but hard work is not enough in the admissions process. I needed the help of Stratus Prep to choose appropriate stories for essays, improve my resume, prepare for interviews, and help me to edit my application. I worked with Jeff Mroz (Wharton alum) and Shawn O'Connor on my application for 2-3 months before it was complete. I was amazed at the personalized attention that Jeff and Shawn provided, in addition to their encouragement and accessibility.

I was particularly impressed with the attention to detail that both Jeff and Shawn showed to my application. Jeff and Shawn helped me to edit my essays, short responses, and resume, and they provided around-the-clock (late night) service as the deadline approached. They provided suggestions for word choices, phrasing, and grammar that helped to polish my application. They made me feel like we had done everything possible to put forward a great application to my dream school.

I have recommended Jeff and Shawn to many friends and colleagues over the past few years. I could not be happier with their service. They helped me to achieve one of my most treasured goals. I wanted to go to Wharton for three years, and Jeff and Shawn helped me to get there. If you are thinking about spending several hundreds/thousands of dollars on an admissions consultant, you owe it to yourself to pick the very best one. Stratus Prep is absolutely the best one.
Re: stratus prep admission consultants evaluation??   [#permalink] 29 Oct 2013, 20:51