Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 08:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Structuring your last 14 days

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 280

GMAT ToolKit User
Structuring your last 14 days [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2012, 14:13
Hey guys,

well, the clock is counting down and I more and more have to fight with anxiety. I try to calm down myself with the fact that I am not going to apply this year, but still ... you know what I am talking about.

After spending a cumulative of about 2,5-3 months on my GMAT preparation I do have some rather general questions about the last 14-21 days I have in front of me. I would be more than happy if we, based on those questions, could start a discussion. I would then summarize all insights and publish them in a separate post, which would help future test takers. So here they are:

1. Assuming you have already completed all GMAT sections, how did you/are you going to structure your last 14 days?
2. How did you/do you plan to mix error log analysis, CAT test practice and revision of GMAT concepts during this period?
3. How did you/do you plan to improve your hit rate (say from 70-75% in Quant and Verbal) and the understanding of all concepts within this short period of time?
4. How much time did you/do you plan to dedicate to AWA and IR?
5. How did you/do you handle the administrative stuff:
(a) Use of scratch paper
(b) Picking the Schools you want to send a report to (no matter you plan to apply in 1-2 years time)
6. When did you feel ready for the exam and did you intentionally finish your preparation with a good CAT score?
7. Do you plan to/Did you leave a couple of days prior to the exam without any GMAT exercises?

As I am just making the first step and would be happy if this thread developes into a discussion, feel free to contribute your questions!

Best,

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 411 [1] , given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Structuring your last 14 days [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2012, 06:41
This post received
KUDOS
See responses below

bgpower wrote:
1. Assuming you have already completed all GMAT sections, how did you/are you going to structure your last 14 days?
Your last 14 days are about "touch up" and finalizing. Use it for a few practice tests and making sure you're made headway on your weakest sections.
2. How did you/do you plan to mix error log analysis, CAT test practice and revision of GMAT concepts during this period?
Error log is all encompassing. practice problems, CAT practice tests, etc.
3. How did you/do you plan to improve your hit rate (say from 70-75% in Quant and Verbal) and the understanding of all concepts within this short period of time?
The last 14 days is making sure you don't have any major issues keeping your score down - fundamental problems (consistent mistakes).
4. How much time did you/do you plan to dedicate to AWA and IR?
If you did AWA and IR during practice and read the respective threads, you should be OK
5. How did you/do you handle the administrative stuff:
(a) Use of scratch paper
Use scratch paper the way you would on the real thing
(b) Picking the Schools you want to send a report to (no matter you plan to apply in 1-2 years time)
If you don't send your scores, you are giving the GMAC donations to send your scores. Use your 5 included schools.
6. When did you feel ready for the exam and did you intentionally finish your preparation with a good CAT score?
Very few people ever feel truly ready. You set a date, run with it and then if you don't achieve your target, evaluate and improve.
7. Do you plan to/Did you leave a couple of days prior to the exam without any GMAT exercises?
No, but don't burn out the last few days before the exam. I used the last day to simply reiterate on concepts that were keeping me below 700. Some people take practice tests, some do not. This is up to you.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Structuring your last 14 days   [#permalink] 22 Nov 2012, 06:41