Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 00:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Struggling with RC and CR...Please Help!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford '16
GMAT Date: 08-31-2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Struggling with RC and CR...Please Help!!! [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 09:30
Hi,

I have to write GMAT in next 15 days and I am still struggling with RC and CR.
I have given the following mock tests with the scores mentioned alongside:

GMAT Prep 1 (620)
MGMAT#1 (640)
GMAT Prep 1 Repeat (710)
MGMAT#2 (590)
Kaplan#1 (680)
MGMAT#3 (600)
GMAT Prep 2 (690)

As you can see in all of the MGMAT tests I have faired below 650.
Barring first attempt at GMAT Prep test I have faired rather well with scores above 680.
I am not sure which scores to believe with respect to my performance and preparation.

If we leave that aside, the main problem I have is with RC followed by CR. I just cannot seem to get RC right.
Most of the times I am confused between two answer choices and it seems that I always end up picking the wrong one. In CR also the same thing is happening.

I have not followed any book for RC. For CR I have studied from PowerScore CR Bible.
Can someone suggest how I can improve in these two areas within next 15 days.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 92

Re: Struggling with RC and CR...Please Help!!! [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 10:26
hinarastogi wrote:
Hi,

I have to write GMAT in next 15 days and I am still struggling with RC and CR.
I have given the following mock tests with the scores mentioned alongside:

GMAT Prep 1 (620)
MGMAT#1 (640)
GMAT Prep 1 Repeat (710)
MGMAT#2 (590)
Kaplan#1 (680)
MGMAT#3 (600)
GMAT Prep 2 (690)

As you can see in all of the MGMAT tests I have faired below 650.
Barring first attempt at GMAT Prep test I have faired rather well with scores above 680.
I am not sure which scores to believe with respect to my performance and preparation.

If we leave that aside, the main problem I have is with RC followed by CR. I just cannot seem to get RC right.
Most of the times I am confused between two answer choices and it seems that I always end up picking the wrong one. In CR also the same thing is happening.

I have not followed any book for RC. For CR I have studied from PowerScore CR Bible.

Are there any particular areas that you are weak in? Study your results carefully and identify your weak spots.Then practice them from any good book you have or re-read that specific area from manhattan guide or your powerscore guide.
Also see if you're messing up the high level questions(the 700+ level).. Then you only need to practice tough questions and your score will improve.

Best of luck for GMAT.

Hit kudos if my post is helpful.
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 553 [1] , given: 5

Re: Struggling with RC and CR...Please Help!!! [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2013, 12:47
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
hinarastogi wrote:

Hi hinarastogi,

For RC, try watching this video demonstration on how to focus on key words in the passage: http://www.gmatpill.com/practice-questi ... -guide-rc/

Reading a book on how to do reading - that seems a bit counter-intuitive. We believe books have limited benefit for the reading passage.

CR - is much like math in terms of the logic. But the wording can get quite complicated. For practice with CR, try:

http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... stion/1340

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Struggling with RC and CR...Please Help!!!   [#permalink] 16 Aug 2013, 12:47