Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:34 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64923 [1]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Struggling with sentence correction - one week till test! [#permalink]
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
bschoolnewbie2011 wrote:
My practice test scores are:

MGMAT1 47Q (didn't do verbal)
MGMAT2 48Q (didn't do verbal)
MGMAT3 49Q 35V 690 total
MGMAT4 49Q 40V 730 total
GMATPREP1 50Q 39V 730 total
GMATPREP2 50Q 41V 750 total

In the first GMAT prep exam I missed 4 SC, 2 CR and 2 RC. Second GMAT prep exam I missed 5 SC, 2 CR and 0 RC. Half the CR in both exams I missed because I read a word incorrectly.

I'm spending more time per question on sentence correction than the other two question types. I haven't studied CR or RC at all, just practice questions. I've gone through the SC OG, MGMAT SC twice and Aristotle twice and Aristotles new 100 question bank (missed ~7 of first 50 and then only 1 miss in last 50).

I'm not sure what to do.. With only a week left and with only having time on weekends to do practice tests, how much time should I put into SC and what should I practice? Note that I still haven't taken the last two MGMAT exams and any additional math prep might move me closer to a 51 or at least consolidate the 50..

I can spend 2-3 hours a night during the week and then I'll have the entire weekend.. Test is on the thirteenth and the goal is to get the maximum score possible (several peers have scored in 750-770 range and I'd like to beat them). Please advise.

Posted from my mobile device

Practice some advanced Quant questions for 30 - 45 mins every night. (You can check out the 700+ level Quant questions on GMAT Club)
With a week to go there isn't much time to work on new material. You basically need to consolidate all that you already know and keep yourself in a positive frame of mind (which means no late nights, no stressful activities). Take just the Verbal section of whatever practice tests you have. Afterwards, analyze every question properly. Try not a miss a single CR/RC question (read every word properly). You cannot afford to make 'silly mistakes'.
Do not stress yourself out. Relax on 11th and 12th and stay away from your books. You probably know enough to score in 750 - 800 range; it's going to be a game of nerves. During the test, try to give every question your best and don't try to second guess the software (this question is easier than the previous one - why? etc).

Is there a collection of 700+ gmat prep questions in a document? Or is it just forum tags?

Is there a collection of GMATprep critical reasoning questions?

I bought the gmat club tests. I did most of the hard section and plan to finish it this week. Should I bother at all with the gmat club verbal? Currently I'm working through the GMATprep sentence collection document. Got 17 out of the first 73 wrong with unlimited time. Learning a bunch though. =[
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [2]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Re: Struggling with sentence correction - one week till test! [#permalink]