Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 00:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Student profile for George Washington university MSBA course

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Student profile for George Washington university MSBA course [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2014, 07:07
Hi All,

I wish to apply for George Washington University for their MSBA (Masters of Science in Business Analytics) course, but I do not have any clue what should my profile look like to get an interview call. I am really impressed with their curriculum for MSBA, and wish to get into it.

Here is the snapshot of my profile.

GMAT score - 700 (Q-48, V-37, AWA- 4)
10th standard - 78.6% (Board CBSE)
12th Standard - 66% (Board CBSE)
B.Tech. (Engineering) - CGPA 6 (67% as per the conversion table)

Have 3.8 years of IT experience after engineering, which includes 1 year (and increasing) experience in handling and managing real time sales data and providing desired output to client(the nature of work is related to descriptive analytics)
Have received accolades at workplace with the highlight being the Certificate of excellence received at annual awards
Have received various medals and trophies in football at University and Organizational level

Have done external certificate courses as well.

Please suggest how can I improve my profile or what additions can be done specially if I am applying for MSBA.
I am already planning SAS certification (beginner + advance level) in the coming month so as to get an idea about the basics of Analytics.

Also suggest what colleges I should target based on my profile.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 533 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Student profile for George Washington university MSBA course [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2014, 05:27
Expert's post
SaklaniAlankrit wrote:
Hi All,

I wish to apply for George Washington University for their MSBA (Masters of Science in Business Analytics) course, but I do not have any clue what should my profile look like to get an interview call. I am really impressed with their curriculum for MSBA, and wish to get into it.

Here is the snapshot of my profile.

GMAT score - 700 (Q-48, V-37, AWA- 4)
10th standard - 78.6% (Board CBSE)
12th Standard - 66% (Board CBSE)
B.Tech. (Engineering) - CGPA 6 (67% as per the conversion table)

Have 3.8 years of IT experience after engineering, which includes 1 year (and increasing) experience in handling and managing real time sales data and providing desired output to client(the nature of work is related to descriptive analytics)
Have received accolades at workplace with the highlight being the Certificate of excellence received at annual awards
Have received various medals and trophies in football at University and Organizational level

Have done external certificate courses as well.

Please suggest how can I improve my profile or what additions can be done specially if I am applying for MSBA.
I am already planning SAS certification (beginner + advance level) in the coming month so as to get an idea about the basics of Analytics.

Also suggest what colleges I should target based on my profile.

Hey there good sir,
Well for starters you have that awesome GMAT. So that's great. But you didn't write much about either your schooling or your work. The most important thing is your preparation in your job or otherwise for analytics. Basically: Have you got the skills and/or the potential? How can you PROVE it to them? SAS certification is great. But what else do you have? Any important teamwork? leadership? achievements with analytics?

That will be key, as much as anything else you do,
Best,
JF

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!