Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 06:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

studied 6 days, got 650 now what...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

studied 6 days, got 650 now what... [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2013, 04:56
This post received
KUDOS
hey all
I am currently interning at a strategy consulting firm in asia (non mbb)
working 100 hours a week...so havent had much time to prepare.
took a vacation week, studied 6 days and got 650.

51Q 23V.

Now....well
i lost concentration right after math section started because of lack of sleep the night before,
but clearly, my verbal skills dont even come close to where my quant skills are at.
I am going to take the exam one more time and hoping for at least 32 verbal.
What approach should i take?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: -21 [0], given: 0

Re: studied 6 days, got 650 now what... [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2013, 11:35
Try brushing up on your grammar. I recommend using powerscore verbal bible. If you already know the basics, you probably need do some practice questions. Try the Official Guides, they will dramatically improve your scores. If you want your score to suppress 750, I recommend studying the powerscore lsat books. :)
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Princeton Review Representative
Followers: 111

Kudos [?]: 150 [1] , given: 0

Re: studied 6 days, got 650 now what... [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2013, 10:25
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
First, don't stop working on the math - your score is good but you should still do math questions every few days just to be sure you are keeping up your skills.

Second as far as the verbal goes you need to brush up on your knowledge and your test taking strategy. Make sure you know the common grammar rules the GMAT uses and how to spot them without comparing answer choices. In reading comprehension make sure you are answering questions in your own words before looking at the answers and in Critical Reasoning make sure you know which type of question you are answering before you start reading the paragraph so you don't waste time looking for information you don't need. Always review questions with a critical eye looking for how you could improve your next set.

Finally, since you don't have a lot of study time I may suggest hiring a tutor that could help you find direction in your studies and point out key areas of weakness and strength so you are most effective.

Special offer! Save $250 on GMAT Ultimate Classroom, GMAT Small Group Instruction, or GMAT Liveonline when you use the promo code GCVERBAL250. Or, save $150 on GMAT Self-Prep when you use the code GCVERBAL150. Enroll at www.princetonreview.com

Re: studied 6 days, got 650 now what...   [#permalink] 22 Jul 2013, 10:25