Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 02:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Study Guide Help!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Study Guide Help! [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2013, 18:31
Hi thanks for the great Novice Study Guide! But I'm a little confused. I've read thru the entire section of Kaplan Math following the Month 1 plan, now I should start doing the Math sections of the tests (CAT) I have. How can I choose to do the Math section only? Say I skipped the Verbal sections now and save them for Month 2, but then I wouldn't have any full lengths tests to do in Month 3... right :?: :?: :?:

I also purchased MGMAT set but their math questions are weird (not in GMAT format), maybe it's just me, but I don't feel like I'm getting a good practice doing their math problems. (I will use them for Verbal study though due to lots of positive feedbacks!)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.6
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 104 [0], given: 116

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Study Guide Help! [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2013, 03:05
MGMAT study guides don't follow the gmat format because they are there to build your concepts. If you feel you have mastered the concepts and want to solve gmat problem would suggest you refer to the official guide 12 and 13 for practice. Get a basic idea of both sections before entering into a mock test else you wont get the feel of gmat and you would be using your mocks just for practice purpose.

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Cheers
Farhan

My Blog - Gladly Making an attempt today

INSEAD SEPT 2015 Intake Thread

2015 PROFILES W/ ADMIT/DINGS RESULTS!!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Study Guide Help! [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2013, 13:46
Thank you very much!
I also bought the Quantitative Review for additional 300 questions :) [Although I heard they're easier than the actual CAT]
Re: Study Guide Help!   [#permalink] 17 Aug 2013, 13:46