Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 06:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Study Plan - 5 weeks till D-Day

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Study Plan - 5 weeks till D-Day [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2006, 12:27
All,

I have 5 weeks until the GMAT and am concerned that I may not have enough tests left to complete. My original study plan was as follows:

Kaplan 2005 CAT #1-4, Kaplan 2006 CAT #1-4, Manhattan GMAT Test at Manhattan location 1 week before test, GMATPrep tests Wed and Thu week of test (Actual test on Sat Mar 25)

Below are my scores so far:
Kaplan 2005 CAT #1 - 540
#2 - 550
#3 - 610
#4 - 590

Then today, I took the Kaplan 2006 CAT #1 only to find that many of the questions (mostly in verbal) were recycled questions from the 2005 CD.
I ended up receiving a 740 on this exam, though I feel that the recycled questions definitely helped.

Should I continue doing the Kaplan Tests even though they seem to have many of the recycled questions just to build up stamina or should I purchase some other materials?

BTW, here are the list of the materials I currently have:

OG 10th Edition - Gone through most of the questions due to the MGMAT guides
7 Manhattan GMAT guides (have gone through 6 of the guides, doing every single question in each, and creating an error log of incorrect questions)
Kaplan 2005/2006 - Books are very similar, bought them for the practice tests, which also seem similar :roll:
Kaplan 800 - not started yet, will once MGMAT guides are complete.
GMATTER - use program simply for 60-70 min set questions, as no explanations are provided
And of course GMAT Club - which has the most difficult quant problems bar none.

Please let me know what would be the best course of action for the remaining 5 weeks. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your help. :-D :-D
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2006, 21:04
I doubt the Kaplan tests would help if they're repeating questions, so I probably would leave those out of your repertoire. I have not heard of GMATTer at all, can't comment on that.

I would of course do the GMATPrep tests, but also get the PR tests (there are 5 that come with Cracking the GMAT, one of them online). They have answer explanations that are extremely useful, and they're closer to the real thing IMHO than any of the other commercial prep tests.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2006, 14:35
GMATTER can be found at http://www.gmatter.biz

It takes question bins from the 1000 sets in an electronic format.

Do you really feel that the PR questions are closest to the real test? I've heard that they are easier than those on the actual GMAT and therefore have not yet used it.

Thanks for the advice.. Would it be helpful to do the old PowerPrep tests in addition to the GMATPrep?
  [#permalink] 20 Feb 2006, 14:35