Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 06:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Study plan from 470 to 700+ with emphasize on verbal

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Study plan from 470 to 700+ with emphasize on verbal [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2012, 04:52
Hi everyone,

I am a non native speaker who start to work on the GMAT this week. For my first try I got a beautiful 470 (GMATPrep) with a Q36 V19.

I have bought all MGMAT books and I am planning to work really hard in order to get 700+ (3 hours per day).

I would like to take the GMAT in february (retake march?) so I have 4 months to work on it.

I would like to validate my study plan and get useful advice in order to achieve my goal.

First month:
1hour grammar ( advance grammar in use)/WSJ+summary+vocabulary.
1 hour Verbal working (my goal is to read and flashcard each of the MGMAT book).
1hour Quant working (same).
no test try

2nd month
Almost the same.
Taking one or two test during the month

3rd month
Review of the OG,
reread MGMAT,
Working more specifically on the Gmat grammar

4th month
Test,test test + review

In addition, I receive the WSJ every day and I've bought some books in the book list for non-native speaker.

Here is two more question:

Do you have any advice?
I saw that in most of study plan, they are doing 1 month of quant and one month of verbal. Why are they so specialize?
Do you have some website where I can find practice questions? (like on GMATprep)

Thanks a lot
Best
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 278

Kudos [?]: 612 [0], given: 5

Re: Study plan from 470 to 700+ with emphasize on verbal [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2012, 14:02
Expert's post
That sounds like a decent 3-4 month study plan. Be careful not to make the studying any longer than that - you might lose the motivation to keep going. It's a very draining process and you want to make sure you have refreshing material to continue the studying. And as with all things, nothing ever gets done without a deadline so scheduling that exam will help make you more accountable to adhering to a study schedule.

If you're looking for more practice questions you can try the gmatpill's practice pill platform.

Reading the WSJ is good, you can also read harvard magazine and economist.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern

Re: Study plan from 470 to 700+ with emphasize on verbal [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2012, 14:34
Thanks a lot for your answer!
Intern
Intern

Re: Study plan from 470 to 700+ with emphasize on verbal [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2012, 20:16
I have a question:

Do you have a "funny" (or at least a good methods) methods to learn new vocabulary? I tried to make a list from articles of the Wall Street Journal, or from a book. I get a really big list but I don't have the courage to learn it....
Re: Study plan from 470 to 700+ with emphasize on verbal   [#permalink] 15 Oct 2012, 20:16