I have contacted a (young) faculty member in one of the school that I am applying to. Basically the status now is quite neutral - I have not been told whether I am a good match in the school, or should I apply or not, etc.
The app deadline is after Jan 2007, so there is still plenty of time for me to wait. And there is a chance that I MAY meet up with the prof towards the end of the year.
Question is, should I submit my app now or wait until after the meeting? My personal preference is to submit now. And for the meeting, I don't see it affecting much of my app, except perhaps the discussion on my research interest in my essays. Any thoughts?
Also, for applications to the PhD program, does it matter whether you submit your app early or on the last day, since most schools do not have rolling admission?