Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 03:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Submitting the applications

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Submitting the applications [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2011, 20:44
Hello everyone!
I am going to take my GMAT in the end of January...
Can anyone tell me after that when can I apply to HBS ,Wharton Business School and Kellogg? I know their deadline for Round 1 probably will be around October..But I am not sure how does the admission thing work..
Do they start accepting and reviewing the application as early as March?

Looking forward to the replies!
Thanks!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 90 [0], given: 16

Re: Submitting the applications [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2011, 23:13
GottaWin,

If you are planning to take your GMAT towards January end, then you might miss out on the Round 2 deadlines as well for HBS, Wharton and Kellogg, which are some time in the first/second week of January. So you will be able to apply in Round 3 only for these colleges, provided you start with your applications immediately after your GMAT - trust me, it takes a lot of time to get the essays perfected. :wink:
(Kellogg has a 2-part application and part 1 of the application for Round 2 had to be submitted by 14 December 11:59 pm CST. So, you've already missed this one :!: )

Most b-schools start reviewing applications as soon as they receive them. However, interview calls are sent out a month or so after the respective round deadlines. If you're applying by the March deadline i.e. Round 3, if your application is selected, you should get an interview call by April end or May. 8-)

Hope this helps! :)

Cheers!

MBA Candidate 2015 | Georgetown University
McDonough School of Business

VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 401 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Submitting the applications [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2011, 04:30
I think he's talking about applying for Fall 2013 admission, not for next year. If that is the case then you have to wait until next year's application is available (usually opens between June-August) in order to apply. You can't apply for Fall 2013 now.

If you are trying to apply for this year then R3 is your last remaining option. Actually, Part 1 of Kellogg's application is only due by Dec. 14 if you are requesting an OFF-CAMPUS interview. If you want to interview ON-CAMPUS, Part 1 can be submitted on the Part 2 deadline date. Even so that date is well before your GMAT date.

Also some schools review applications as soon as they are submitted. However, many other schools DO NOT. Many schools do not look at ANY applications until AFTER the deadline for the Round. So while for some schools submitting earlier in the round means you will be read sooner, for others it doesn't make any different at all.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern

Re: Submitting the applications [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2011, 08:51
Thanks cheetarah1980 and sudish!
Yeah I am talking about applying for Fall 2013....Actually I want to apply for the Round 1 of the next earliest session..which I think is Fall 2013 only?
Some colleges have rolling admissions..they review your app as soon as you submit..and the process for the admission starts..
So I was just wondering what top colleges have rolling admissions..so that at least I have some exp of interviews before I appear for the interview of colleges of my dreams :wink: :idea:
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 401 [1] , given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Submitting the applications [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2011, 10:02
This post received
KUDOS
GottaWin wrote:
Thanks cheetarah1980 and sudish!
Yeah I am talking about applying for Fall 2013....Actually I want to apply for the Round 1 of the next earliest session..which I think is Fall 2013 only?
Some colleges have rolling admissions..they review your app as soon as you submit..and the process for the admission starts..
So I was just wondering what top colleges have rolling admissions..so that at least I have some exp of interviews before I appear for the interview of colleges of my dreams :wink: :idea:

Columbia has rolling admissions. Most other top schools have application rounds with firm deadlines. R1 applications for Fall 2013 will likely be due in Oct/Nov 2012. These applications won't be available for you to start until this summer at the earliest. Many schools will even change their essay questions from this year to next year. So just sit tight for a few months and let this application season play out. While you're waiting try to make yourself the strongest candidate possible. I also highly recommend visiting schools this spring. It will give you a much better idea of what life is like at the schools you are considering and help you fine tune your list. It is much easier to visit when you are not working on applications too.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern

Re: Submitting the applications [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2011, 12:36
Thanks for the insights cheetarah1980! Thats really helpful!! :-D
You are right, I should def visit the schools...
Hey, what do you think I should be doing to make myself "the strongest candidate possible"?
I have some certificates working for a few different organizations and NGOs..and some participation certificates for a few extra curricular events...
What else should I do to enrich my profile?

Thanks for the help!
Re: Submitting the applications   [#permalink] 17 Dec 2011, 12:36