Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 21:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Submitting unofficial GMAT scores / multiple schools ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Submitting unofficial GMAT scores / multiple schools ? [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 09:04
Hey all,

First time poster on here.... Thanks for all the valuable insights!

I just took the GMAT (2nd time) yesterday and got a 710 (47Q 41V). First time I got a 660, back in September (44Q 37V).

I am applying in round 3, so some of my applications are already submitted (Marshall, Stern, Foster). I'll be applying to a few more schools in the next week.

I obviously want to update the 3 apps I already submitted with my new score. My concern is that Stern wants a PDF or fax of my unofficial score, which lists all 5 schools I am sending my scores to (Stern, Anderson, HBS, Stanford, Miami). Does it matter if they see what other schools I am sending my scores to, or do they not really care since most people apply to multiple schools? Or should I black-out the other schools and scan over like that? Or am I over thinking this greatly?

Additionally, because I could only include 5 schools when I took the GMAT yesterday, I left off Foster because I have already been invited to interview there. Should I then avoid sending them the unofficial GMAT score, since they are not listed on the report? Or perhaps just email them with the numbers, and tell them they will receive the official scores from GMAC once they become official?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 309 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Submitting unofficial GMAT scores / multiple schools ? [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 09:08
A simple solution is to just send the first page...if I remember correctly, the second page lists the schools you sent the score to. I definitely wouldn't black out the schools and scan it, because then you're just calling attention to it. Despite getting interviewed at Foster, I would still update them to make your application stronger. B-school interviews typically aren't like job interviews (i.e. if you nail the job interview, you probably got the job). Most schools typically review your interview appraisal along with the rest of the application before rendering a decision.

Congrats on crossing the 700 barrier!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Submitting unofficial GMAT scores / multiple schools ? [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 09:19
CobraKai wrote:
A simple solution is to just send the first page...if I remember correctly, the second page lists the schools you sent the score to. I definitely wouldn't black out the schools and scan it, because then you're just calling attention to it. Despite getting interviewed at Foster, I would still update them to make your application stronger. B-school interviews typically aren't like job interviews (i.e. if you nail the job interview, you probably got the job). Most schools typically review your interview appraisal along with the rest of the application before rendering a decision.

Congrats on crossing the 700 barrier!

Thanks!!!

With the official score, that's exactly how it is, and you can send just the first page. Unfortunately, with the unofficial score you get on test day, it's all right there on the first page.... listing your scores as well as the schools you are sending them to. I take it I should just send as is, and hope they don't care that I list other schools as well?

Regarding Foster, I certainly planned to send them the scores once they became official, but until then, I figure it may be a bad idea to send them my unofficial score report. Perhaps I should just email them with the numbers (not with the scan), and tell them they will receive the official scores from GMAC once they become official?

Thank you again!
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 309 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Submitting unofficial GMAT scores / multiple schools ? [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 09:25
I would send it as is. Schools understand you're applying to multiple places - it'd be foolish not to. Also, just because you sent a school your score, that doesn't necessarily mean you're applying there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Submitting unofficial GMAT scores / multiple schools ? [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 13:40
Send the score ASAP. Schools know that you area applying to multiple programs.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: Submitting unofficial GMAT scores / multiple schools ? [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 21:28
OMG

Just scan the top part of your unofficial score and send. You can fold the paper to hide the schools that you notified, you can cover with a blank page or you can send them the entire list.

Does not really matter.

The only thing does not look good is, in your application you mentioned applied to XYZ and your score paper shows PQR. If your application says you also applied to XYZ and your score shows XYZ, I would tale that as a positive sign.
Re: Submitting unofficial GMAT scores / multiple schools ?   [#permalink] 02 Apr 2013, 21:28