Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 23:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Suggested Course - Veritas vs Knewton

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Suggested Course - Veritas vs Knewton [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 20:54
Hi,

I took the GMAT in Dec 2010 and scored a 680 (Q49,V33) . I am an Indian candidate and plan to retake GMAT in about 3 months time .

The main concern is the Verbal section , and so i am looking for a Verbal centric course .

I shortlisted two courses - Knewton and Veritas On - Demand

But from the mixed reviews available in the forums , i am not able to decide which course to go ahead with . In the forums , Knewton is suggested to be below par as far as the 700 + scores goes.

Please suggest as i need to restart my preps within this week.

Thanks!
Vikas
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 50

Kudos [?]: 348 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Suggested Course - Veritas vs Knewton [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 04:40
Have you seen our course review thread?

gmat-prep-course-reviews-discount-codes-78451.html#p590321

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Intern
Intern

Re: Suggested Course - Veritas vs Knewton [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 06:08
mohater wrote:
Have you seen our course review thread?

gmat-prep-course-reviews-discount-codes-78451.html#p590321

Yes Mohater , i had a look @ the Reviews .

Frankly , i got totally lost on reading the reviews available .
Knewton GMAT Representative
Schools: B.A. Harvard
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Suggested Course - Veritas vs Knewton [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 06:51
Hi vikasblue1,

First off, your 680 is a great start! You may want to check out this write up of our student Abhay's prep experience. He scored a 770 after finishing his Knewton course:

http://www.knewton.com/blog/knewton/inside-knewton/2011/02/21/student-spotlight-abhay-prasanna

If you go with Knewton, you'll also benefit from our 50-point money-back guarantee. With 680 as a baseline, you'd assure yourself of scoring at least a 730. By making use of our Verbal strategy lessons to achieve a better Quant / Verbal balance, many students end up scoring even higher.

Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any questions!

Chris

--

Chris Black
Web Content Editor
Knewton, Inc.

View Knewton's latest discount for GMAT Club members.

Intern
Intern

Re: Suggested Course - Veritas vs Knewton [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 07:03
ChrisBKnewton wrote:
Hi vikasblue1,

First off, your 680 is a great start! You may want to check out this write up of our student Abhay's prep experience. He scored a 770 after finishing his Knewton course:

http://www.knewton.com/blog/knewton/inside-knewton/2011/02/21/student-spotlight-abhay-prasanna

If you go with Knewton, you'll also benefit from our 50-point money-back guarantee. With 680 as a baseline, you'd assure yourself of scoring at least a 730. By making use of our Verbal strategy lessons to achieve a better Quant / Verbal balance, many students end up scoring even higher.

Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any questions!

Chris

Thanks Chris!

I was sure of going ahead with Knewton , but there are two things that confused me after reading the reviews

1. Majority of questions , as per the reviews , falls into Easy - Medium range , which i am not sure will help me since my base score is already 680. Maybe that is the perspective of the people who wrote the reviews rather than the actual thing.
Could you please suggest

2.What the reviews says that questions are minor alterations of the Official Guide . So , can i expect variety of practice in Verbal section of the course , once i enroll ?
1 KUDOS received
Knewton GMAT Representative
Schools: B.A. Harvard
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 0

Re: Suggested Course - Veritas vs Knewton [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 07:27
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Vikas,

Good questions. We recently added two features to address the needs of our highest scoring students.

First, we released an upgrade to our course content, which included "700+ Tips" on many of our concept entries. Second, we added several extra challenge quizzes designed to match the most difficult items you'd encounter on the GMAT.

To your second question: Official GMAT questions provide great templates for effective practice, so a number of our problems are built to mirror your performance on them. We provide over 3,000 practice problems in all, though, so you'll find a wide variety of challenging questions to try out. In general, most students are very satisfied with the way their Knewton questions prepare them and predict their performance on test day.

Hope that helps!

Chris

--

Chris Black
Web Content Editor
Knewton, Inc.

View Knewton's latest discount for GMAT Club members.

Re: Suggested Course - Veritas vs Knewton   [#permalink] 25 Mar 2011, 07:27