Talking about my profile, i have scored 710 GMAT score, 297 Toefl, BE in Computer Sc from PEC, Chandigarh, India (A reputed college) & among toppers in class (75%). Career acads have been good.
Worked with Infosys (Indian company) for a year, 2 years with Oracle Corporation (India). Got promotion but not much significant managerial roles.
Done lot of community work & extra-curricular at and after college.
Applied last year in mostly 2nd round for all schools. Got interviewed with Tuck, Insead. Placed in waitlist by UCLA & USC. Got final call from Queen's (Don't know why i applied). This year am reapplying.
1. What is a realistic set of schools for me to target.
2. Do i need to improve GMAT score to 750+ kinds?
3. How much role does International Experience & Managerial role, missing in my profile, will matter? If possible, what can i do to counteract that in short term (Not much time left for R1)?
thanks a lot
To answer your questions:
1) Target schools in the top fifteen which are strong in IT and general management.
3) It does matter. To the extent that you compete against other like you, but they have managerial experience and int'l exposure you are at a disadvantage. If you have worked in a multi-cultural environment or with peole from different countries even though you were based in India, discuss that experience. If you have not led or managed on the job, have you done so in your volunteer or community service experiences? If yes, make sure the school knows about these roles.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog