Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 07:00

Starting Soon:

Live Q&A Session with Cambridge Admissions Team   ||    Join Chat Room to Attend the Session

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Suggestion - Comments requested

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Suggestion - Comments requested [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2004, 08:28
Hi All,

a question to all of you: Do you record/note the time it takes to solve questions posted on the GMAT forums?

I think it would be pretty useful, because my observation was I do the questions at leisure (not giving a damn about how much time is spent in answering the questions). As you all are aware, being aware of how much time is spent in each of the questions and trying to beat that time is what is required in preparing for GMAT.

Can we follow a practice of posting the time it takes to answer the questions where practical?

Comments/Criticisms mandated! :twisted:
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2004, 08:37
I do not time my questions in the club. Just make sure that I understood it and can take part in the discussion if possible. This way it help me in developing natural reasoning. However, I will time my practice and test later when I start taking them.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 155 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2004, 08:44
Vithal, I think it is a good initiative to time your questions. I will, as of now, display the time it took me to complete a problem (although the analysis part may take longer :lol: )

Best Regards,

Paul

Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Suggestion - Comments requested [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2004, 12:37
Thats a good point
2 weeks back I didnt time myself.
But Now I definitely do ... around 2 mins per Q.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2004, 20:23
A good suggestion, I think that making a comparison between the time you spent on the question and the result of you answer will give an important feedback of your result.

-Genius is one percent inspiration, and ninety-nine percent perspiration.

CEO
CEO
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 665 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2004, 04:36
We used to have a challenge series, where i used to ask members to time themselves. But with time and with addition of several projects , i could not continue for long.

Bhai is right. For a beginner student, you guys should first learn about english grammar concepts and then try timing yourself.

I would ask that you solve most of the SC's under 1 minute. The faster and more accurate you are under less time, the more time you will get for CR and RC.

Regards
  [#permalink] 02 Jul 2004, 04:36