Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 12:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Suggestion: Why not include the first few word of the

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Instructor
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 132 [1] , given: 0

Suggestion: Why not include the first few word of the [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2008, 09:22
This post received
KUDOS
Suggestion:

Why not include the first few word of the question in the title. Try not to simply put GMATPrep or PS. This was make things much easier for all of us!

Kevin
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 367

Kudos [?]: 1849 [0], given: 358

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Suggestion for members [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2008, 09:38
Expert's post
Totally agree!

And, please, post GMATPrep questions at least as an image, not as a doc file. (a text format would be the best :wink: )

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

SVP
SVP
Schools: CBS, Kellogg
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 321 [0], given: 1

Premium Member
Re: Suggestion for members [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2008, 17:20
one support from Sondenso, I am willing to give some help within my knowlege. Sometime, I dont want to make a "download". Sorry, I am lazy! :lol:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 0

Re: Suggestion for members [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2008, 20:34
Agree

It would help if people type out part of the question in the subject line so that when people do a search, they can narrow down the results.

Although this appeal for people to exercise common sense will likely fall on deaf ears since the "offenders" are usually new members OR the same clueless people who ask the same types of questions and posting in the wrong section of the forum, eventhough they have been using the forum for 1 or 2 years.

And also, please disallow the option of uploading MSword doc files. It is perplexing to understand why people would go through the trouble of pasting the images into the word document instead of just uploading the images. It creates more work for people who want to help, because people have to open up a word processor to view the content.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 210

Re: Suggestion for members [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2008, 21:06
I agree wholeheartedly kevincan. In fact, last year, when I first joined up, there was general consensus that we should post a title to the question.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 6

Re: Suggestion for members [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2008, 23:47
Guys , how do I save GMAT prep qs as JPG ?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Suggestion for members [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2008, 23:57
Use print screen or any screen capture software. I use screen hunter (http://www.wisdom-soft.com/sh/sh_free.htm) which automatically saves the file in a directory. I can come back to them after the test and post if needed. It can save in jpg, but also several other formats.
Director
Director
Schools: Oxford'10
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 8

Re: Suggestion for members [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2008, 00:28
snoor wrote:
Use print screen or any screen capture software. I use screen hunter (http://www.wisdom-soft.com/sh/sh_free.htm) which automatically saves the file in a directory. I can come back to them after the test and post if needed. It can save in jpg, but also several other formats.

actually, i think a screen print of a GMATPrep question is a VERY bad idea
few reasons why

- We know in the screenprint what the person selected (and its probably wrong), and some people even take the screenprint when the answer is displayed. To this is a BIG spoiler
- Screenprints aren't searchable. So what will happen is people will post the same thing over and over again (over a few months)
- Screenprints are much larger to store (compared to text) and we don't want this site being clogged up

I agree its easier to put an image file as an attachment, but lets not get lazy folks.

also while i am at it, please use LaTeX (math forumulae) as much as you can, its easier to understand and here for a reason

happy gmatting :-)
CEO
CEO
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 210

Re: Suggestion for members [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2008, 01:49
Just paste the screen shot in MS Paint instead of in MS word. Then save as (choose jpg format).

Nihit wrote:
Guys , how do I save GMAT prep qs as JPG ?
Re: Suggestion for members   [#permalink] 13 Jun 2008, 01:49