Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Suggestions on how to improve my score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 520 Q40 V22
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Suggestions on how to improve my score [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 00:44
Hi guys, I gave my GMAT on 24th April 2013. I got a score of 520. V - 22 and M - 40. I am not at all happy with my score.I got 600 in my practice tests, which is also not great.
I am planning to retake the exam after preparing for 4 months thoroughly. I am planning to quit my current job and dedicate 4 months to prepare only for GMAT. Do you think it is a good idea to quit my job now and prepare only for GMAT? Its been one year since I started working and I am 21 years old.
I want to do MS in Marketing. Kindly give me your suggestions.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1153

Kudos [?]: 5367 [1] , given: 165

Re: Suggestions on how to improve my score [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 00:56
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
srirammullu wrote:
Hi guys, I gave my GMAT on 24th April 2013. I got a score of 520. V - 22 and M - 40. I am not at all happy with my score.I got 600 in my practice tests, which is also not great.
I am planning to retake the exam after preparing for 4 months thoroughly. I am planning to quit my current job and dedicate 4 months to prepare only for GMAT. Do you think it is a good idea to quit my job now and prepare only for GMAT? Its been one year since I started working and I am 21 years old.
I want to do MS in Marketing. Kindly give me your suggestions.

No, it is not a good idea to quit your job at all. If you are able to find 2 hrs every weekday and the entire weekend, it is more than sufficient to prepare for GMAT. You anyway will not be able to study the whole day and will get frustrated without something else to do. Also, experience at this stage in your life is invaluable. It doesn't matter what kind of job you are doing, stick with it and study side by side. You have time on your side.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 520 Q40 V22
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Suggestions on how to improve my score [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 00:59
Thanks a lot Karishma. But I want to do in MS in marketing. What would be a good GMAT Score?

I get distracted because of work since I am in Event Management Field. My work is tiring as well. Is 2 hours really enough to prepare on weekdays?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1153

Kudos [?]: 5367 [1] , given: 165

Re: Suggestions on how to improve my score [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 17:58
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
srirammullu wrote:
Thanks a lot Karishma. But I want to do in MS in marketing. What would be a good GMAT Score?

I get distracted because of work since I am in Event Management Field. My work is tiring as well. Is 2 hours really enough to prepare on weekdays?

That will depend on the average class score of the schools you are applying to but 650 would probably be sufficient.
And you need to find some quiet time in the day - perhaps early in the morning... You will be unable to study after work but you can definitely work after study since you will not have a choice.
2 hrs put religiously every day go a long way. There aren't many concepts tested - you just need to ensure that you are very thorough with whatever is tested.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Suggestions on how to improve my score   [#permalink] 25 Apr 2013, 17:58