Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 18:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Suggestions required for GMAT Preparation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Suggestions required for GMAT Preparation [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2012, 00:59
Hello Everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank each and everyone for their contribution to this forum. I have been reading many inspiring and success stories in this forum about GMAT. Congratulations to all those who have cracked GMAT.

I am seeking some help with respect to GMAT and I believe that this forum can provide the right information required.

Basically I am from India (Andhra Pradesh) and I studied till 10th class in Non-English medium (Telugu). Later I moved to English Medium and finished my +2 and Graduation.
I should have to agree that my basics in English are not as strong as other subjects such as Maths, Science etc.

I prepared for GMAT in 2007 and after 4 months of preparation I gave my first attempt.

As part of my preparation I went through the following materials.
Verbal Section -> The Hindu and Newyork Times News Papers (at least 2 hrs daily),
Office Guide For GMAT (Verbal Edition)
Kaplan
MGMAT Material.
Quant Section -> Official Guide and Kaplan materials.

Unfortunately I scored only 570 (Quant :49, Verbal :19, AWA: 5.5).

On that day, I told myself to give a break for GMAT and focus on career growth. It has been 5 years since I haven't had any thought of MBA but today I took a decision to go for my masters. Professionally I have been working with Oracle Singapore for the past 8 years in Consulting.

I strongly believe that English can be mastered by putting since efforts towards it.

Please let me know how can I make my foundation stronger in English so that whatever I build on top of it will be strong too.
Please assume that my knowledge in English is 4 on a scale of 10 where 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest.

This time my strategy is not to crack GMAT but to learn & understand English Concepts so that efforts will be automatically paid off in terms of results.

Best Regards,
Chiranjeevi.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Suggestions required for GMAT Preparation   [#permalink] 27 Aug 2012, 00:59