Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 06:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

SUNY Albany?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

SUNY Albany? [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 21:57
I think out of all the MS Accounting programs I'm looking at- Albany is my cheapest option financially or Binghamton.
The problem with Binghamton is that it doesn't really have a program for non-accounting majors while Albany does but I'm still considering Bing. I'm just going to have take a few pre-req classes at Binghamton before I can even start the program...
From my stats (780 GMAT, 3.0 GPA)- I think I can get in somewhere which is ranked higher and have sent some apps out to such places.
However, I'm going to be taking out loans.
SUNY Albany seems to have a lot of the stuff I'm looking for in a graduate program and it's relatively affordable.
It's an unranked program but I've looked at their website and they boast of putting a lot of their graduates into public accounting firms and an average starting salary of $70,000+.
I plan to work in an accounting firm in-state- whether it's in NYC or Albany. (I personally like Albany a lot better but NYC probably means more $$$, :twisted: )
I don't know much about this stuff.
Could someone let me know if it's a good idea or not to attend Albany or should I go for a higher ranked and more expensive program?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: SUNY Albany? [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 21:40
Does anyone know? Bump..
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: SUNY Albany? [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2010, 07:32
If you do not have an accounting undergraduate major, UNC-Chapel Hill has a program specifically for you. They also may give some $$, particularly with your high gmat score. As far as Albany goes, I assume it has a lot of on-campus recruiting, which is really the most important thing for any program. I'm not sure where you got the starting salary of $70000+ tho, as even in NYC entry level audit and tax positions at large firms will generally be only in the low to mid 60k range. However, if you want to work in New York, Albany or Binghamton will probably give you a better chance than going out of state
Re: SUNY Albany?   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2010, 07:32