Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 10:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Surrendered to the the Beast 540 (q44, v21)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 10

Surrendered to the the Beast 540 (q44, v21) [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2012, 04:02
Guys, Im really upset. After taking GMAT today.

I had been preparing seriously for the past 2months. When i look at my score I ask myself "that's it!" :(

I just want to forget what has happened and move on. I know that i'll will be super busy with my work till May end :| . Said that! I have a sincere question " i have to take one more time- when would be the right time? Will it be better to take before june 5th or after june(with new pattern)?"

I am not too sure whether I can increase my verbal before 5th june. And if i have to take the exam after June 5th, what are the areas i should learn from the scratch?

Please, someone help me out...
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 511 [0], given: 20

Re: Surrendered to the the Beast 540 (q44, v21) [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 07:18
I would say take it after 5th of June. Not much point to take it before that since you will be busy it will most probably become a half-hearted attempt. Aristotle prep materials, and Powerscore CR are great for verbal. As for quant read the tips in this thread: improving-your-quant-from-44-46-to-40820.html

Goodluck!

Please give KUDOS if you find that my post adds value! Thank you!! :)

Question Bank Extracted from the GMATPrep Software:
857 Verbal Questions: gmatprep-verbal-question-bank-130070.html
393 Quant PS Questions: gmatprep-ps-question-bank-130073.html
436 Quant DS Questions: gmatprep-ds-question-bank-130069.html

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 39 [1] , given: 29

Re: Surrendered to the the Beast 540 (q44, v21) [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 08:29
This post received
KUDOS
I am so sorry that you had a bad day... But it's not the end of the world. Please don't feel dejected and don't rush! Retake the GMAT when you're ready/prepared. Actually, I were about to give GMAT before the new format, but I refrained from doing so because I am not sure I will achieve my desired score.

Anyway, I think taking the GMAT before or after June 5 very much depends on where your current level is and what is your target. Btw, what are your CAT scores and do you think you under-performed on your test day? If you were to retake, you should focus on your weak areas.

Good luck!

There can be Miracles when you believe

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 36

Re: Surrendered to the the Beast 540 (q44, v21) [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 08:30
prakash111687 wrote:
Guys, Im really upset. After taking GMAT today.

I had been preparing seriously for the past 2months. When i look at my score I ask myself "that's it!" :(

I just want to forget what has happened and move on. I know that i'll will be super busy with my work till May end :| . Said that! I have a sincere question " i have to take one more time- when would be the right time? Will it be better to take before june 5th or after june(with new pattern)?"

I am not too sure whether I can increase my verbal before 5th june. And if i have to take the exam after June 5th, what are the areas i should learn from the scratch?

Please, someone help me out...

take a break for few weeks. looks like your work will keep you busy.
what materials did you use in your preparation? how were you scoring in your practice tests?
there are many on this forum who will be more than willing to help you prepare next time around. just remember to ask. :)

http://sanjuro9.tumblr.com

Re: Surrendered to the the Beast 540 (q44, v21)   [#permalink] 04 Apr 2012, 08:30