Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 11:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Suspicious HBS Interview

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Suspicious HBS Interview [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2010, 01:15
Hey guys,

I recently had an interview at HBS (and was later rejected) in which something a little odd happened. Has anyone ever heard of there being an "observer" in the interview room along with yourself and the intervieweer asking you questions? I was told she was just there to receive training to be an HBS interviewer herself. This may be a crazy theory, but I think the "observer" may have been invited in to be another person assessing my answers, in addition to the person asking me the questions.
Current Student
Schools: UCLA Anderson FEMBA Class of 2014
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 4

Re: Suspicious HBS Interview [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2010, 06:02
I would assume this is true for any school. According to the Montauk book, pretty much you should assume any info you give to anyone at the school during the interview process may be part of it, to the secretary a 'student' waiting in the waiting room, etc.

Funny thing, Zappos.com does this for their employee interviews too. They pickup candidates going to/from the airport, and how they interact with the shuttle driver goes into the interview profile. If they're an ass, well ... that's a deal breaker.
Re: Suspicious HBS Interview   [#permalink] 30 Sep 2010, 06:02