Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 22:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Taking GMAT in the evening. Is it a good idea

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 0

Taking GMAT in the evening. Is it a good idea [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2008, 19:54
i've signed up for an evening test. Starts at around 4;15pm. it is about a 30 minute drive. What do you guys think, is this the best time to take the exam ?
How could I relax for the day?
Should I take an afternoon nap?
How can I ensure that I'm fresh for the exam?

GMAT the final frontie!!!.

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: Taking GMAT in the evening. Is it a good idea [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2008, 20:08
Dont do anything else excepting taking rest. Dont stress yourself. Dont drink any coffee or tea prior to the test .
If possible ask someone to drive you to the test center. And please reach the test center 30 mins before time, to avoid anxiety.

Go there crack the test, and post ur scores, and test experience.

Best of luck
Director
Director
Schools: Oxford'10
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 8

Re: Taking GMAT in the evening. Is it a good idea [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2008, 23:00
4.15 is fine as long as u don't get up way to early that day and don't go to work.

just get up normal time..
don't over study that day

and make sure u have a light snack before the exam...

all the best
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Taking GMAT in the evening. Is it a good idea [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2008, 19:06
If you think a couple of hours will make a difference, you can try to come earlier. My appt was for 4:30pm and I showed up at 3PM. They seated me right away and I was done around 7pm, which is better than 9. Your call. Good luck with the test!
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 29

Re: Taking GMAT in the evening. Is it a good idea [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2008, 05:22
If you have taken practice tests in the evening and excelled, its a good idea. If you havent taken practices in the evening, try taking some and see how you do. If it seems as if its not the right time for you, reschedule.

"George is getting upset!"

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
Schools: Duke 2012
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 16

Re: Taking GMAT in the evening. Is it a good idea [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2008, 15:27
I would say as long as you don't work that day it's fine. I would give my right arm not to take the test at 8, but it was either that or wait at least a few months.

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity." - Frank Leahy

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Taking GMAT in the evening. Is it a good idea [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2008, 21:32
alimad wrote:
i've signed up for an evening test. Starts at around 4;15pm. it is about a 30 minute drive. What do you guys think, is this the best time to take the exam ?
How could I relax for the day?
Should I take an afternoon nap?
How can I ensure that I'm fresh for the exam?

Treat it like any normal day. I know its difficult but its better if you can. I think I work best in the morning before my lunch, so probably mornings for me but the time each one has peak performance is different...

See a movie in the morning just to take your mind of the test but if you think looking at concepts will give you more confidence, do it by all means....

All the very best and looking forward to a killer score and debrief...
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Taking GMAT in the evening. Is it a good idea [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2008, 07:15
I took mine in the evening.
It was scheduled for 4:15 but I landed there at 3:15 and started at 3:30.
Also, I made sure i woke up late ( like 12 pm ) so that i would still be fresh enough to write the exam.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 0

Re: Taking GMAT in the evening. should I take sleeping medice [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2008, 05:40
Can someone recommend tips to sleep well before the night of the exam as the poster earlier suggested since my exam is in the evenign I would like to sleep late say till noon. But for the last few day just haven't slept for more than 6 hours. What do you suggest? Please recommend. Medication, has anyone taken those, this is silling but can somoene recommend some names?

GMAT the final frontie!!!.

Director
Director
Schools: Oxford'10
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 8

Re: Taking GMAT in the evening. should I take sleeping medice [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2008, 05:44
alimad wrote:
Can someone recommend tips to sleep well before the night of the exam as the poster earlier suggested since my exam is in the evenign I would like to sleep late say till noon. But for the last few day just haven't slept for more than 6 hours. What do you suggest? Please recommend. Medication, has anyone taken those, this is silling but can somoene recommend some names?

do as many things that are normal for you as possible. Don't take medicine, you don't need to. I also think you should wake up at normal time. If you wake up too late your body will effectively "time trave". Just wake up at normal time and do normal things and eat normal food. 4.30pm is not late in the day. Just don't hammer your brain during the day thats all.
Re: Taking GMAT in the evening. should I take sleeping medice   [#permalink] 25 Jun 2008, 05:44