Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 03:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Taking GMAT on July - Need Suggestions on Planning my Prep !

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Taking GMAT on July - Need Suggestions on Planning my Prep ! [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 01:07
Hello All ,
I have started my Prep sometime in Feb and initially planned for GMAT during May End . Idea was to finish off the exam before the new IR section which would be needing additional effort !

However , due unexpected breaks in preparation i see myself lurking around 590-630 even by April End.
Hence postponing my exam to July Mid , and want to make it this time ! I am obviously targeting for the Magic "7" numbered scores !

My Test Scores So far :
GMAT Prep1 : 550 (Q42 V15)
Manhattan Test1: 570 (Q42 V26)
Manhattan Test2: 570 (Q40 V29)
Manhattan test3: 630 (Q44 V32)

Looking back , some of Pitfalls during my prep so far are - not being able to allocate intended time as per the plan designed , not having good test strategies , and not being able to improve considerably on quant section....Irrespective of what scores reflect , I am generally at ease with Verbal section when compared with Quant section.

Today when i restart my prep , First thing I can think of is to work on Maths section and get to score ranges of 49-50. Over the past one week , by analyzing previous exams and working on them , I have kind of come over the concept issue (For Medium Difficulty Questions) , I am still left with Time issue and Silly mistakes and i guess more practice is only a key to overcome them . I am done with OG12 and Quant Review and Basic Concept Brush up.I need some guidance as to what to start now , to improve on my Quant Scores.

Here are the suggestions I have received from some friends :
1.Work on 1000 series DS and PS - Basic Concept issues will be addressed and exposure to general problem patterns tested.
2.Work on Additional Resources like princeton review , GMAT Club Math Tests - Better techniques to answer 600-700 level Qns and good exposure to 700-800 level Qns .

Pls suggest if following this would help me bump up my Quant scores and also point me any other appropriate resources .I want work extensively on Maths section for a week and get to score ranges of 49-50 before I devise a complete Prep Plan till the Exam Date .

Thanks a lot in advance.
Jhansi
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Taking GMAT on July - Need Suggestions on Planning my Prep !   [#permalink] 17 May 2012, 01:07