Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1283 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.54
WE:Project Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1283 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.54
WE:Project Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Re: Taking the GMAT in a week [#permalink]
From my experience, i would say that quant section was at the same level of difficulty while verbal was a little bit tougher. I've seen some constructions in SC that i never seen before while practicing. That is, i didn't cover all the topics that Manahattan SC covers for example and this costs me 6 minutes to come up with an answeer that was not sure at all and therefore i was short on time and didn't get the score that i want.

Keys to succeed on the GMAT in my opinion :
* Knowledge (Basics and Practice)
* Stamina ( GMAT is like a marrathon so you have to be very well prepared to 4hours of endurance)
* Time Management
* Confidence

That is said, wish u good luck on your D-Day .. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V38
GPA: 3.94
WE:Accounting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
As Rock750 mentioned, I found that confidence is one of the most important factors when it comes to doing the GMAT. You need to know and tell yourself you are able to do it. This realization came to me after I completed a manhattan GMAT test. After looking at the solutions to my wrong answers, I told myself that I CAN get those questions correct. Prior to that test, I never managed to pass the 34-35 range in the quant section. After the test, every test I have taken was above 40 in quant. This was a key moment in my preparation. From that point on, confidence only becomes stronger.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
It's ok to be nervous - but control it so it doesn't consume you during the exam.

Confidence through solid preparation and thoughts of extreme positivity can get you in the right mood for the exam.

Before you take the test, be sure to take these psychological tips to heart.

Visualize your success in practice.
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Nana111 wrote:
Hi there
I am new here ,and i also want to take a gmat.Is that expensive?Thanks a lot

Hi Nana,

Its best to post all your query in a single post instead of multiple posts.Also use the search option, you will find most of your doubts clear.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
jinkev wrote:
As Rock750 mentioned, I found that confidence is one of the most important factors when it comes to doing the GMAT. You need to know and tell yourself you are able to do it. This realization came to me after I completed a manhattan GMAT test. After looking at the solutions to my wrong answers, I told myself that I CAN get those questions correct. Prior to that test, I never managed to pass the 34-35 range in the quant section. After the test, every test I have taken was above 40 in quant. This was a key moment in my preparation. From that point on, confidence only becomes stronger.

Sort of similar story here. A few days before my test day (5 or so) after I had covered all the quants and verbal bits and literally hadn't any stuff to do but to practice here and there, I decided to take a MGMAT "for fun", just to spot any areas that I might have missed or need to repeat.
Quant: same experience as you. I might had 1 or 2 questions that I didn't know about
Verbal: All SC correct, and ending in V37 or so

Also during the whole time I was ever so relaxed.
In quant my thought was: "I know the basics, if I can answer I will, if it's too difficult then I won't!". Simple as that. Ended up with something like Q44 if I remember, and with 6+ minutes to spare! (because I didn't care much anyway for this mock).

Also, this was my highest GMAT score in MGMAT! What can I say, I think confidence that you know your stuff, plus accepting that there are gonna be questions that you are not gonna be able to answer anyway (plus those experimental ones), took me to the victory I guess.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi,
My GMAT is scheduled on 10 JAN but 15 JAN is the deadline for the school to which I wish to apply. Can somebody please tell if there is any way out. Can I get a copy of unofficial report card on my email id , or is there any provision to take a printout that I could send to the school immediately?
GMAT Club Bot