Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 12:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Taking the GMAT the day of the deadline?... Bad idea?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Taking the GMAT the day of the deadline?... Bad idea? [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2014, 15:10
Hi everyone,

I am planning to take the GMAT March 15th. That is the earliest the schedule center is open. Unfortunately March 15 is also the deadline for Texas AM and UVA Masters application. Can I write in the unofficial score and send the official score later on. Is it too unsafe?: They might not receive the official score on time? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Taking the GMAT the day of the deadline?... Bad idea? [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2014, 05:44
You will probably get your unofficial score right after the test, but without the AWA and maybe without the IR as well. You should ask the school if you can update them with these scores later.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 122 [0], given: 1

Re: Taking the GMAT the day of the deadline?... Bad idea? [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2014, 13:12
Expert's post
Hey there,

The short answer is yes, that's fine. As for the IR and AWA, it's ok to say you haven't gotten it yet. Most schools will accept updates of those types during the review process. They know it takes a while.

The bigger question would be if taking the test on the day of the application is the right option. Generally speaking, we advise against it. You're effectively leaving until the last moment one of the biggest parts of your application. If you're pretty confident you're going to get the score you need, then that helps a bit but it's still a rather large unknown.

But we definitely understand the test dates get booked up so good luck and let us know if you have any questions,

Bhavik

Bhavik
Managing Partner

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let me know!

Re: Taking the GMAT the day of the deadline?... Bad idea?   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2014, 13:12