Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 21:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Taking the optional breaks in GMAT - does it harm the score?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Schools: S3 Asia MBA (Fudan University, Korea University, National University of Singapore)
WE 1: Market Research
WE 2: Consulting
WE 3: Iron & Steel Retail/Trading
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Taking the optional breaks in GMAT - does it harm the score? [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2010, 00:42
Is there any official/unofficial information on whether taking the two optional breaks in GMAT (the first after AWA and the second after Quantitative) affects the score in any way? Can I feel comfortable taking these breaks, with the assurance that these're not gonna affect my score?

Labor Omnia Vincit (Hard Work Conquers All)
My practice and final scores | My GMAT Club profile
My blog | My Google profile | My LinkedIn profile | Me on Twitter

Last edited by rishabhsingla on 05 Oct 2010, 09:46, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 53

Re: Taking the optional breaks in GMAT - does it harm the score? [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2010, 03:59
rishabhsingla wrote:
Is there any official/unofficial information on whether taking the two optional breaks in GMAT (the first after AWA and the second after Quantitative) affects the score in any way? Can I feel comfortable taking these breaks, with the assurance that these're not gonna affect my score?

rishabhsingla,

The official information on how your GMAT score is determined is given below (check section How is my score determined?.

http://www.mba.com/mba/TheGMAT/TestStru ... efault.htm

If you like my post please click +1 kudos on my profile - Thank you!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Losing Motivation? Michael Jordan | Nick Vujicic | Adversity
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Taking the optional breaks in GMAT - does it harm the score? [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2010, 04:12
No, the breaks do not affect your score.

Note: The break is timed. If time runs out, the next section will start on its own.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 86

Kudos [?]: 490 [0], given: 432

Premium Member
Re: Taking the optional breaks in GMAT - does it harm the score? [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2010, 08:09
Expert's post
The breaks will not directly hurt your score in any way. In fact, taking the breaks is recommended. However, be aware of the time, as no one will inform you how much time is left during the break or when it is over.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: Taking the optional breaks in GMAT - does it harm the score? [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2010, 08:18
I would definitely take the optional break. It's hard to sit through a 4 hr exam without a break...
Re: Taking the optional breaks in GMAT - does it harm the score?   [#permalink] 21 Aug 2010, 08:18