Thanks in advance for giving me your perspective on my candidacy. I am applying R1 to a group of schools already, and am finalizing my recommenders, but wanted your validation of my choices and to ask a specific question about H/S.
* Hispanic American
* Married Male
* Age: will be 32 at matriculation
* 3.5 GPA from Major State School; double majored in two humanities
* GMAT: 750 (Q: 48; V: 45); 6 AWA; 8 IR
* Work: 7 years in small digital media/internet marketing companies/roles in NYC; 2 years (will be at matriculation) in professional services in Silicon Valley (not MBB but not junk either)
* Extras: pretty solid volunteering teaching music to underprivileged teens; concert musician
* Goal: work at major blue chip technology company on West Coast in a marketing, BD, or product role; eventually do something entrepreneurial in digital home/streaming content space
SCHOOLS I AM APPLYING TO NOW:
Haas (first choice)
Marshall (last choice)
MY QUESTION: Am I correct in assuming that my age (again, 32 at matriculation) essentially makes me a longshot at Harvard and Stanford? Would there be any point in applying? Obviously, given my dream of being in Tech, Stanford would be the #1 choice.... but I don't want to waste time/money on pointless applications and make my Wharton, Kellogg, etc. essays suffer for it.
Thanks for your view!