Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Dec 2014, 15:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Technology vs Management C vs Finance, career options

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 157

Technology vs Management C vs Finance, career options [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2010, 01:58
Looking for suggestions

Brief:
Good Experience in IT, Worked with Big Clients F50
Good Experience in Engineering, Worked on Big Projects F500
No experience in Finance, Consulting but feel(everybody raves) its the holy grail for a high pay check.
Now in 20-30. I see myself in a respectable, commanding position when i hit 30. I dont like selling peanuts for earning 100K.

What should i undertake out of the two

a MBA in Technology Management, or a MBA with core subjects in which both Management Consultancy, Finance subject are in the curricullum so that i might end up as an analyst at an IB or M/B/B pushing pencils.

Detail

I hold really good experience handling big projects in Technology for major clients.

I work on Data Management and provide Business Intelligence for F50 clients like Banks, Automotive Industries. I did my Masters with First Grade in IT.

However i find myself bummed by Technology as i have this fear that i might be unable to realise my potential and be limited to a dusty office where the CEO dosent even care i exist or i might end up being a total nerd when i like to play football.

i dont know if Technology Management is really boring or intresting, looking for suggestions.

Thanks.

If you found the reply to be helpful, give kudos.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 157

Re: Technology vs Management C vs Finance, career options [#permalink] New post 03 May 2010, 03:19
anyone

If you found the reply to be helpful, give kudos.

Manager
Manager
Schools: UCLA (Applied), ROss (Applied), UNC (Waitlisted), Emory (Waitlisted). mcCombs (Waitlisted), kellogg (Interviewed), Haas (Ding)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 14

Re: Technology vs Management C vs Finance, career options [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2010, 22:35
Hi BlueRobin,

You have an impressive profile.

You would be best fit for product management role in IT/Technology companies and would be best if you build your essays around that. That would sound your essays more convincing. However you are also good fit for consulting assignement (highly fit for IT consulting in Deloitte) as you need to have strong analytical and communication skills. These are my two cents. Please explore this club and you would get to know more as I am doing now.

-Time4Mba
Re: Technology vs Management C vs Finance, career options   [#permalink] 02 Jul 2010, 22:35