Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 10:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tell me about Villanova MSF

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Tell me about Villanova MSF [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2009, 07:47
Hi all,

I'm a senior accounting major at a top 25 college. I've got a 3.9, gmat 760. I originally planned to get my master's in accounting from my current school next year. I've had trouble finding a job/internship in public accounting this recruiting season which has led me to explore other options. Over the past year I kind of regret not double majoring in finance and accounting, so I've started looking into graduate finance programs. I like Villanova for the fact that it's really close to home (would be able to live at home) and it seems to be designed for kids straight out of undergrad with no work experience. I still plan on taking the CPA exam, which I will be eligible to take upon graduating with my BS but I would like to expand my career options. I don't want to pigeonhole myself in accounting (I have only taken one intro finance class), especially since as of late I've been more interested in finance. Can anyone who went through the application process or the actual program tell me about it? I've read some other threads about it but I'm curious as to the job placement for the program. I know that past placement rates are probably not a good indicator of current placement rates due to the economy, but I'm just curious in general terms if employers value grads of this MSF program. Also, if anyone can comment on the kinds of kids who get fellowships that would be great.

Thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Schools: Villanova, Tulane, Vanderbilt, Florida
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Tell me about Villanova MSF [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2009, 09:06
AJK...did you end up attending??? Would like to hear some feedback.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Schools: Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, MIT, Vandy, Boston College, IE, Illinois, Villanova
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: Tell me about Villanova MSF [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2009, 10:15
AJK, with that GMAT and a desire to go the PubAcg route, I would encourage you to look at Texans and UNC. Their MSAccounting programs are very good and will surely place you into a Big4 firm. Also, you are sure to get in. I do know that OSU's MSAccounting program is a very good accounting/finance hybrid. You have a lot of freedom course wselection wise, and you will be given very good access to recruiters.
Re: Tell me about Villanova MSF   [#permalink] 03 Dec 2009, 10:15