Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 10:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 52

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 01:58
cheezzy wrote:
Applicant from United States..
I received an email on 1/29 at 11:35 p.m. from Tepper.
"Thank you for your application to the Tepper MBA program at Carnegie Mellon University. Your Tepper MBA application has been processed and is now complete and under review by the Admissions Committee."

Just an update, but I was glad to at least hear something from Tepper.

May i know when you submitted your app? I submitted mine on jan 2nd and got a similar mail on Jan 22nd. No iw invite yet.
McCombs Thread Master
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 21

CAT Tests
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 02:27
vicky4113 wrote:
cheezzy wrote:
"Thank you for your application to the Tepper MBA program at Carnegie Mellon University. Your Tepper MBA application has been processed and is now complete and under review by the Admissions Committee."

May i know when you submitted your app? I submitted mine on jan 2nd and got a similar mail on Jan 22nd. No iw invite yet.

Same here. No interview call as of yet

Sent from my RM-885_im_india_249 using Tapatalk

My GMAT debrief

greatness is not about possessing talent but about having the discipline to summon that talent whenever needed!!!

Please Kudos my post if it helped you!!

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 02:59
^ I got a similar question from another user. Funnily, I got an interview invite on Jan 8 and I didn't get the "Complete and under evaluation" mail at all. Dunno what to make of that.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 04:25
aditya988 wrote:
^ I got a similar question from another user. Funnily, I got an interview invite on Jan 8 and I didn't get the "Complete and under evaluation" mail at all. Dunno what to make of that.

I got interview invite on 9th Jan and a confirmation that my application is complete and under review on 10th Jan. :stupid
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.3
WE: Operations (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 04:56
I was invited on 11th of Jan but never received the "under review" email... hmmm
BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 740 Q52 V38
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 181 [0], given: 122

Premium Member
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 05:01
Weird... I got an interview invite on Jan. 10, but I have no emails regarding "complete and under review/evaluation" :?

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
List of all 2014 Admit Weekends
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 05:54
ramitagrawal wrote:
MM88 wrote:
Late to join in this discussion.

M a Round 2 applicant from India...
Got my interview invite on Jan 11
Had my interview with Adcom member Mr. James frick..

Originally scheduled for 24th Jan, got rescheduled to 28th Jan due to some issues at their end.
Interview was pretty relaxed.

it would be great if you could elaborate on this....was it a skype interview or a face to face in Mumbai....??

I actually had received an invite for a F2F interview in Mumbai from Kelly Wilson...However, the invite came on 10th Jan & interview dates for Mumbai were 15th - 18th Jan.

It was not possible for me to go to Mumbai due to prior work commitments (currently reside in Delhi NCR)
I wrote back to them & they were extremely understanding nd said they would schedule a skype interview later.

So then finally had my skype interview on 28th Jan with Mr. James frick. He was extremely warm & nice...The interview was a very easy conversation and did not have a very formal Q&A round
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 07:25
cheezzy wrote:

Got the same email Wednesday evening as well. Getting a little nervous now haha
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Project Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 13:46
This post received
KUDOS
I had my Skype interview with Ms. Annie Julian today. I was extremely nervous, and she did her best to make me feel at ease. Very likely, the best interviewer I've ever had in my life (I've had quite a few).

The questions I was asked were:
1. ST/LT goals post-Tepper.
2. Why Tepper?
3. How do I motivate others in my team?
4. My professional interactions with people from different nationalities.
5. How did I help someone else achieve their professional goals?
6. How would I catch up if other people on my team knew more about something?
7. Interests outside of work.
8. How did I put my industry knowledge to use to achieve success.

I had 3-4 follow up questions about the school and the program. In all, the interview lasted for around 30-35 minutes and it was very informal. She made it clear in the beginning of the interview that it was blind and she only had my resume to refer to. Later on, she also mentioned that she, along with others, would be reviewing my application, and all the final decisions would be sent out together.

FWIW, I had only put on a formal shirt for the interview.

Hope this helps, and all the best to everyone else interviewing with Tepper in the coming days/ weeks.

Best,

ND

Intern
Intern

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2014, 08:45
does anyone know, what is the definition of a bad interview experience....all we can see on threads, are great interview experiences....also what is the ratio of interview invites:applicants....??
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Project Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2014, 09:31
ramitagrawal wrote:
does anyone know, what is the definition of a bad interview experience....all we can see on threads, are great interview experiences....also what is the ratio of interview invites:applicants....??

If you are referring to me, then I think you should know that I felt I bombed the interview. Since that is of no consequence to anyone else but me, I did not feel it was necessary to share that. What I said was the interviewer was really nice.

Also, the internet in general, and this forum in particular, have examples of bad interviews aplenty. If you would like to know in detail what constitutes a bad interview, feel free to send a PM to people who went through such an experience. You could start with me, of course.

Best,

ND

Intern
Intern

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2014, 10:09
nishantdg wrote:
ramitagrawal wrote:

If you are referring to me, then I think you should know that I felt I bombed the interview. Since that is of no consequence to anyone else but me, I did not feel it was necessary to share that. What I said was the interviewer was really nice.

Also, the internet in general, and this forum in particular, have examples of bad interviews aplenty. If you would like to know in detail what constitutes a bad interview, feel free to send a PM to people who went through such an experience. You could start with me, of course.

No sir, I wasn't referring to you. Actually wherever I read debriefs people said that interview was good and very interactive. I was curious to understand how someone would know if he/she bombed it, or what constitutes a bombed interview. Also, I am eager to understand the ratio of invites: applicants
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2014, 17:06
did anyone receive a book entitled 'The Last Lecture' as part of their admission package?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Tepper '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q V0
GPA: 3.72
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 12:46
There are about 20 interview slots in early March. Good luck every one!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 09:37
Can any Round 1 or Round 2 applicants let me know how long it took them to receive their interview invite after they received their under review email?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 16

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 10:51
Marcg153 wrote:
Can any Round 1 or Round 2 applicants let me know how long it took them to receive their interview invite after they received their under review email?

I don't think there is a fixed rule, I did not even receive such an email before the interview invite.
UCLA Thread Master
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 66

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 11:13
gentlejack wrote:
Marcg153 wrote:

I don't think there is a fixed rule, I did not even receive such an email before the interview invite.

I am in the same boat. I received the "Under Review" email a couple weeks after getting the interview invite.

Follow my reapplicant story at http://mbareapplicant84.blogspot.com/

4 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 13 [4] , given: 0

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 11:39
This post received
KUDOS
Guys, just wanted to let you know that I got an "Application Incomplete" email, which was a scare. I am a Round 2 applicant and have already completed my interview on Jan 17, but got this email today. It was a misunderstanding about my transcripts (they weren't clear about something) and as soon as I cleared it up with the adcom through a phone conversation, I got the "Complete and Under Review" email.

The important thing I want to convey here is that the last date for submitting any materials for Round 2 is February 7(Friday), failing which your application will be moved to Round 3 automatically. So I encourage those of you who didn't get the "Complete and Under Review" email to login to your MBA Application portal and do the following:

1. Click on the View Application button
2. Locate the Application Status link on left navigational menu
3. See the status of your Application. If it isn't marked as complete, call the admissions committee and as why. Tell them about the imminent deadline, they'll understand.

Hope everyone has their application complete and don't get any last minute scares!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 23:10
aditya988 wrote:
Guys, just wanted to let you know that I got an "Application Incomplete" email, which was a scare. I am a Round 2 applicant and have already completed my interview on Jan 17, but got this email today. It was a misunderstanding about my transcripts (they weren't clear about something) and as soon as I cleared it up with the adcom through a phone conversation, I got the "Complete and Under Review" email.

The important thing I want to convey here is that the last date for submitting any materials for Round 2 is February 7(Friday), failing which your application will be moved to Round 3 automatically. So I encourage those of you who didn't get the "Complete and Under Review" email to login to your MBA Application portal and do the following:

3. See the status of your Application. If it isn't marked as complete, call the admissions committee and as why. Tell them about the imminent deadline, they'll understand.

Hope everyone has their application complete and don't get any last minute scares!

Hey Aditya,

I just got the 'Complete and Under Review' mail last night, at 2.36 am of 5th Feb to be precise. And then I received another mail from Kelly Wilson inviting me for a Tepper event in Mumbai and Bangalore. Has everyone in India received these invites? I am just wondering because I might not make it to those events but I dont want to hurt my chances either, especially since I bombed my interview with Kelly Wilson in Mumbai in Jan. Any idea if attending this event is a necessity?

Thanks,
Srinivas
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 16

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 23:17
aditya988 wrote:

Seems like they are still working on completing all the files. I got the email that my application is complete just yesterday.
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2014, 23:17