Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 23:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2010
Posts: 123
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V39
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 23:20
cbsrinivas wrote:
aditya988 wrote:
Guys, just wanted to let you know that I got an "Application Incomplete" email, which was a scare. I am a Round 2 applicant and have already completed my interview on Jan 17, but got this email today. It was a misunderstanding about my transcripts (they weren't clear about something) and as soon as I cleared it up with the adcom through a phone conversation, I got the "Complete and Under Review" email.

The important thing I want to convey here is that the last date for submitting any materials for Round 2 is February 7(Friday), failing which your application will be moved to Round 3 automatically. So I encourage those of you who didn't get the "Complete and Under Review" email to login to your MBA Application portal and do the following:

1. Click on the View Application button
2. Locate the Application Status link on left navigational menu
3. See the status of your Application. If it isn't marked as complete, call the admissions committee and as why. Tell them about the imminent deadline, they'll understand.

Hope everyone has their application complete and don't get any last minute scares!



Hey Aditya,

I just got the 'Complete and Under Review' mail last night, at 2.36 am of 5th Feb to be precise. And then I received another mail from Kelly Wilson inviting me for a Tepper event in Mumbai and Bangalore. Has everyone in India received these invites? I am just wondering because I might not make it to those events but I dont want to hurt my chances either, especially since I bombed my interview with Kelly Wilson in Mumbai in Jan. Any idea if attending this event is a necessity?

Thanks,
Srinivas


Hi srinivas,

When are the events? I guess Indian applicants can expect a few more invites in the coming days.
As for the Tepper event. I had got an invite for Mumbai event in Jan but could not attend. Its not a big deal. So dont sweat over it.

Regards
_________________

Work with hope in Heart and dreams in the eyes .... And leave the mind for GMAT problems ;)

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 23:49
cbsrinivas wrote:
aditya988 wrote:
Guys, just wanted to let you know that I got an "Application Incomplete" email, which was a scare. I am a Round 2 applicant and have already completed my interview on Jan 17, but got this email today. It was a misunderstanding about my transcripts (they weren't clear about something) and as soon as I cleared it up with the adcom through a phone conversation, I got the "Complete and Under Review" email.

The important thing I want to convey here is that the last date for submitting any materials for Round 2 is February 7(Friday), failing which your application will be moved to Round 3 automatically. So I encourage those of you who didn't get the "Complete and Under Review" email to login to your MBA Application portal and do the following:

1. Click on the View Application button
2. Locate the Application Status link on left navigational menu
3. See the status of your Application. If it isn't marked as complete, call the admissions committee and as why. Tell them about the imminent deadline, they'll understand.

Hope everyone has their application complete and don't get any last minute scares!



Hey Aditya,

I just got the 'Complete and Under Review' mail last night, at 2.36 am of 5th Feb to be precise. And then I received another mail from Kelly Wilson inviting me for a Tepper event in Mumbai and Bangalore. Has everyone in India received these invites? I am just wondering because I might not make it to those events but I dont want to hurt my chances either, especially since I bombed my interview with Kelly Wilson in Mumbai in Jan. Any idea if attending this event is a necessity?

Thanks,
Srinivas


I too got that invite, but I don't think not attending an event would hurt anyone....I am in Chennai and had an interview in Mumbai on 17th. Going to Mumbai/Bangalore again is not very feasible....
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2010
Posts: 123
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V39
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 23:53
ramitagrawal wrote:
cbsrinivas wrote:
aditya988 wrote:
Guys, just wanted to let you know that I got an "Application Incomplete" email, which was a scare. I am a Round 2 applicant and have already completed my interview on Jan 17, but got this email today. It was a misunderstanding about my transcripts (they weren't clear about something) and as soon as I cleared it up with the adcom through a phone conversation, I got the "Complete and Under Review" email.

The important thing I want to convey here is that the last date for submitting any materials for Round 2 is February 7(Friday), failing which your application will be moved to Round 3 automatically. So I encourage those of you who didn't get the "Complete and Under Review" email to login to your MBA Application portal and do the following:

1. Click on the View Application button
2. Locate the Application Status link on left navigational menu
3. See the status of your Application. If it isn't marked as complete, call the admissions committee and as why. Tell them about the imminent deadline, they'll understand.

Hope everyone has their application complete and don't get any last minute scares!



Hey Aditya,

I just got the 'Complete and Under Review' mail last night, at 2.36 am of 5th Feb to be precise. And then I received another mail from Kelly Wilson inviting me for a Tepper event in Mumbai and Bangalore. Has everyone in India received these invites? I am just wondering because I might not make it to those events but I dont want to hurt my chances either, especially since I bombed my interview with Kelly Wilson in Mumbai in Jan. Any idea if attending this event is a necessity?

Thanks,
Srinivas


I too got that invite, but I don't think not attending an event would hurt anyone....I am in Chennai and had an interview in Mumbai on 17th. Going to Mumbai/Bangalore again is not very feasible....


Hi Amit,

When are the dates for the event?
_________________

Work with hope in Heart and dreams in the eyes .... And leave the mind for GMAT problems ;)

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 23:57
Gonnaflynow wrote:
ramitagrawal wrote:
cbsrinivas wrote:
Guys, just wanted to let you know that I got an "Application Incomplete" email, which was a scare. I am a Round 2 applicant and have already completed my interview on Jan 17, but got this email today. It was a misunderstanding about my transcripts (they weren't clear about something) and as soon as I cleared it up with the adcom through a phone conversation, I got the "Complete and Under Review" email.

The important thing I want to convey here is that the last date for submitting any materials for Round 2 is February 7(Friday), failing which your application will be moved to Round 3 automatically. So I encourage those of you who didn't get the "Complete and Under Review" email to login to your MBA Application portal and do the following:

1. Click on the View Application button
2. Locate the Application Status link on left navigational menu
3. See the status of your Application. If it isn't marked as complete, call the admissions committee and as why. Tell them about the imminent deadline, they'll understand.

Hope everyone has their application complete and don't get any last minute scares!



Hey Aditya,

I just got the 'Complete and Under Review' mail last night, at 2.36 am of 5th Feb to be precise. And then I received another mail from Kelly Wilson inviting me for a Tepper event in Mumbai and Bangalore. Has everyone in India received these invites? I am just wondering because I might not make it to those events but I dont want to hurt my chances either, especially since I bombed my interview with Kelly Wilson in Mumbai in Jan. Any idea if attending this event is a necessity?

Thanks,
Srinivas


I too got that invite, but I don't think not attending an event would hurt anyone....I am in Chennai and had an interview in Mumbai on 17th. Going to Mumbai/Bangalore again is not very feasible....


Hi Amit,

When are the dates for the event?[/quote]

The evening will present an opportunity for you to learn more about the Tepper School and connect with our faculty and distinguished Tepper School Alumni. Please RSVP in advance of the event; attire is business casual.

Date: Friday February 14th, 2014
Time: 7:00-10:00pm
Location: INT Aditya Vikram Birla Centre for Performing Arts
38 BMC Market, Dadi Seth Lane, Near Babulnath Temple, Chowpatty, Mumbai-400 007, India Tel – 23678413

Date: Friday February 21st, 2014
Time: 7:30-10:30pm
Location: TBD; Bangalore, India
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2010
Posts: 123
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V39
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 00:10
Thanks buddy,

Is it fair to expect more interview calls this week for Indians? I am just an optimistic R2 applicant trying to keep myself happy :roll:
And good luck for your result:D
_________________

Work with hope in Heart and dreams in the eyes .... And leave the mind for GMAT problems ;)

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2013
Posts: 31
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 00:44
Gonnaflynow wrote:
cbsrinivas wrote:
aditya988 wrote:
Guys, just wanted to let you know that I got an "Application Incomplete" email, which was a scare. I am a Round 2 applicant and have already completed my interview on Jan 17, but got this email today. It was a misunderstanding about my transcripts (they weren't clear about something) and as soon as I cleared it up with the adcom through a phone conversation, I got the "Complete and Under Review" email.

The important thing I want to convey here is that the last date for submitting any materials for Round 2 is February 7(Friday), failing which your application will be moved to Round 3 automatically. So I encourage those of you who didn't get the "Complete and Under Review" email to login to your MBA Application portal and do the following:

1. Click on the View Application button
2. Locate the Application Status link on left navigational menu
3. See the status of your Application. If it isn't marked as complete, call the admissions committee and as why. Tell them about the imminent deadline, they'll understand.

Hope everyone has their application complete and don't get any last minute scares!



Hey Aditya,

I just got the 'Complete and Under Review' mail last night, at 2.36 am of 5th Feb to be precise. And then I received another mail from Kelly Wilson inviting me for a Tepper event in Mumbai and Bangalore. Has everyone in India received these invites? I am just wondering because I might not make it to those events but I dont want to hurt my chances either, especially since I bombed my interview with Kelly Wilson in Mumbai in Jan. Any idea if attending this event is a necessity?

Thanks,
Srinivas


Hi srinivas,

When are the events? I guess Indian applicants can expect a few more invites in the coming days.
As for the Tepper event. I had got an invite for Mumbai event in Jan but could not attend. Its not a big deal. So dont sweat over it.

Regards



Hi Gonnaflynow,

Events are on 14th in Mumbai and 21st in Bangalore as Amit mentioned. And about if there are more interviews scheduled, I guess there are. Very few invites have gone out so far from what I can see in this forum.

@Amit,
I was curious because I want to know if the invite is for all applicants or just those who have been interviewed. If it is, it is another chance to make an impression I guess. :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 00:58
cbsrinivas wrote:
Hi Gonnaflynow,

Events are on 14th in Mumbai and 21st in Bangalore as Amit mentioned. And about if there are more interviews scheduled, I guess there are. Very few invites have gone out so far from what I can see in this forum.

@Amit,
I was curious because I want to know if the invite is for all applicants or just those who have been interviewed. If it is, it is another chance to make an impression I guess. :)


Good observation....can others on the forum confirm....Is the invitation sent to only those who are interviewed or everyone with complete application?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2010
Posts: 123
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V39
WE: Design (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 01:04
ramitagrawal wrote:
cbsrinivas wrote:
Hi Gonnaflynow,

Events are on 14th in Mumbai and 21st in Bangalore as Amit mentioned. And about if there are more interviews scheduled, I guess there are. Very few invites have gone out so far from what I can see in this forum.

@Amit,
I was curious because I want to know if the invite is for all applicants or just those who have been interviewed. If it is, it is another chance to make an impression I guess. :)


Good observation....can others on the forum confirm....Is the invitation sent to only those who are interviewed or everyone with complete application?


I guess only to people who have been interviewed. I did not get one...but my app is complete.
_________________

Work with hope in Heart and dreams in the eyes .... And leave the mind for GMAT problems ;)

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 01:06
Gonnaflynow wrote:
Thanks buddy,

Is it fair to expect more interview calls this week for Indians? I am just an optimistic R2 applicant trying to keep myself happy :roll:
And good luck for your result:D


Thanks!! and there should be more calls going by R1 trends....
McCombs Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 142
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 24

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 01:13
ramitagrawal wrote:
Gonnaflynow wrote:
Thanks buddy,

Is it fair to expect more interview calls this week for Indians? I am just an optimistic R2 applicant trying to keep myself happy :roll:
And good luck for your result:D


Thanks!! and there should be more calls going by R1 trends....


Thanks for the info...fingers crossed.

As per the website--

"This invitation only event will feature a special dinner and presentation by Tepper School professor, Dr. Sunder Kekre, on Friday, February 14, 2014. This event will be held in Mumbai, India beginning at 7 pm."

Dr. Sunder Kekre is the Bosch Professor of Manufacturing and Operations and Director of the PNC Center for Financial Services Innovation at the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University. He will be speaking on the topic, “Driving Innovation @ Tepper."
_________________

My GMAT debrief

greatness is not about possessing talent but about having the discipline to summon that talent whenever needed!!!


Please Kudos my post if it helped you!!

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 65
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 07:05
Since it's an invitation only event, I think I'll go. If nothing, the dinner should be good :D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 07:17
Even I will try to attend at Bangalore....where are you guys planning to attend: Mumbai/Bangalore
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2013
Posts: 31
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2014, 23:18
ramitagrawal wrote:
Even I will try to attend at Bangalore....where are you guys planning to attend: Mumbai/Bangalore



If I can make it, I will attend the one in Bangalore. I am based out of Hyd currently.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Sep 2013
Posts: 47
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 100

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 00:25
Interviewed yesterday. It was maybe the most pleasant interview I've ever been through in my life. Very informal and relaxed.

Questions were nothing out of the ordinary. Walk through resume and how I am where I am today, Why Tepper, Why and MBA now, Name a time I was low on confidence and what I did to get past it, What do I do in spare time, etc. It was just a great, smooth conversation, and the fact that I knew so much about the school REALLY helped.

Enjoy your interviews guys and best of luck! If anyone wants to ask me more questions about it, feel free :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 22 May 2011
Posts: 21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 12:53
Done with my interview..A long wait now
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2014
Posts: 2
Concentration: Operations, International Business
Schools: Tepper '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2014, 09:47
Hey guys....I'm looking for some feedback on my profile. I interviewed today with the Tepper School for R2. It was a pleasant interview.....very informal.

The questions were not out of the ordinary: ST/LT Goals? Why Tepper? How would co-workers describe your strengths? Describe your international experience? One that threw me off a bit was: Describe a time you sensed a change coming in your industry and how did you respond to it? What do you enjoy outside of work?

I felt I prepared fairly well, however I was expecting to get why MBA? and/or walk me through your resume. I felt I left a lot of good anecdotes on the table and in hindsight I could have worked all of that into the ST/LT goals response. I didn't feel I outright bombed it since I was able to address each question, but definitely could have done much better.

My question is how do you guys feel a lukewarm interview will impact my app? I feel I have competitive stats and WE, but I'm a bit concerned about not conveying my story in the interview.

I'm also applying to FlexMBA, please consider that in your response. Thanks!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2012
Posts: 20
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GMAT 2: 600 Q50 V21
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 2.68
WE: Engineering (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 09:55
Hi guys... I am a R2 applicant, I haven't heard anything back since I submitted my application and it looks like fair amount of people have gotten interview invite or have been interviewed.... any suggestions...? :(
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 146
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 43

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 10:37
jeffwey wrote:
Hi guys... I am a R2 applicant, I haven't heard anything back since I submitted my application and it looks like fair amount of people have gotten interview invite or have been interviewed.... any suggestions...? :(


They send out invites up to the deadline; realistically I'd give it another few weeks- don't lose hope...
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2012
Posts: 119
Location: India
GPA: 3.96
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 127

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 11:54
EngineeringMBA wrote:
jeffwey wrote:
Hi guys... I am a R2 applicant, I haven't heard anything back since I submitted my application and it looks like fair amount of people have gotten interview invite or have been interviewed.... any suggestions...? :(


They send out invites up to the deadline; realistically I'd give it another few weeks- don't lose hope...


I am also optimistic...! just hang in there
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Posts: 20
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 14:40
I am thinking about applying to Tepper for Round 3. Would this be a huge disadvantage? Does anyone have any idea what percentage of students applying R3 get accepted?
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2014, 14:40
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
44 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 farful 161 05 Jul 2014, 06:10
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tepper(CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all Waitlisted Applicants Narenn 12 27 Dec 2013, 02:48
11 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all Admitted Students! Narenn 31 27 Dec 2013, 02:21
Experts publish their posts in the topic Tepper (CMU) MISM Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! souvik101990 0 21 Apr 2013, 10:11
28 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! ankit0411 373 05 Oct 2012, 12:52
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  37    Next  [ 731 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.