Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Nov 2014, 13:57

Happy Thanksgiving:

Free Access to GMAT Club Tests until 11 AM PST on Fri 11/28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT Date: 08-12-2013
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 22:13
does anyone know if i'm at a disadvantage of any sort if i do a phone interview instead of skype? i'll be at work during my interview and 1. might not have a place to use my laptop and 2. my laptop is acting bit weird today and webcam isn't working ... so i'm a bit worried.

thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 22:23
Jting wrote:
does anyone know if i'm at a disadvantage of any sort if i do a phone interview instead of skype? i'll be at work during my interview and 1. might not have a place to use my laptop and 2. my laptop is acting bit weird today and webcam isn't working ... so i'm a bit worried.

thanks!

for the reasons you have shared, I would say you would definitely be at a disadvantage....try to use a medium which can help you connect the best with the interviewer....

take a leave and a friend's laptop!! :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 23:23
JJgodawgs wrote:
Hey guys....I'm looking for some feedback on my profile. I interviewed today with the Tepper School for R2. It was a pleasant interview.....very informal.

The questions were not out of the ordinary: ST/LT Goals? Why Tepper? How would co-workers describe your strengths? Describe your international experience? One that threw me off a bit was: Describe a time you sensed a change coming in your industry and how did you respond to it? What do you enjoy outside of work?

I felt I prepared fairly well, however I was expecting to get why MBA? and/or walk me through your resume. I felt I left a lot of good anecdotes on the table and in hindsight I could have worked all of that into the ST/LT goals response. I didn't feel I outright bombed it since I was able to address each question, but definitely could have done much better.

My question is how do you guys feel a lukewarm interview will impact my app? I feel I have competitive stats and WE, but I'm a bit concerned about not conveying my story in the interview.

I'm also applying to FlexMBA, please consider that in your response. Thanks!

Hi JJgodawgs,

Not to sound cliched, but adcoms do look at the entire application, not just the interview or GMAT or GPA, etc. And its usually tough to judge from an interview if one would get in, because these interviews are not technical at all and there's no 'right' answer to most questions. Its how we present ourselves. "Could have done much better" is a very common theme, dont worry about that. I guess most applicants come out of the interview feeling the same, including myself :) I guess we just have to wait till the deadline day.

I have no info on the FlexMBA program, so cant provide any insight there. Probably someone else in the forum can help you out there.

All the best!
Srinivas
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT Date: 08-12-2013
GPA: 3.7

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2014, 10:23
ramitagrawal wrote:
Jting wrote:

thanks!

for the reasons you have shared, I would say you would definitely be at a disadvantage....try to use a medium which can help you connect the best with the interviewer....

take a leave and a friend's laptop!! :thumbup:

thanks for the insight! going to go home to do it :)
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V39
WE: Design (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 21:23
Guys,

Any interview invites? specially Indians?
Is it safe to assume that we are dinged and move on?

Please help! :roll:

Work with hope in Heart and dreams in the eyes .... And leave the mind for GMAT problems ;)

Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 186

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 21:28
Gonnaflynow wrote:
Guys,

Decision day is 24th March, I guess I wouldn't start panicking for 2 more weeks.
And probably by 1st week March, I'd give up any remaining hope...
Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 21:38
kaustubhkul wrote:
Gonnaflynow wrote:
Guys,

Decision day is 24th March, I guess I wouldn't start panicking for 2 more weeks.

Thanks Buddy,

I am going crazy checking my email each morning :oops:
I have reached a situation where I just want to get done with what ever may be the result. :x

Work with hope in Heart and dreams in the eyes .... And leave the mind for GMAT problems ;)

Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.96
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 127

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 22:12
Gonnaflynow wrote:
kaustubhkul wrote:
Gonnaflynow wrote:
Guys,

Thanks Buddy,

I am going crazy checking my email each morning :oops:
I have reached a situation where I just want to get done with what ever may be the result. :x

Guys me in equally traumatised state...:(... but i would also keep hope till March first week!
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 745 [0], given: 116

Premium Member
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 22:27
Spare a thought for me.. Been waiting for my result since October 2013...

Did you find this post helpful?... Please let me know through the Kudos button.

Thanks To The Almighty - My GMAT Debrief

GMAT Reading Comprehension: 7 Most Common Passage Types

Current Student

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 22:35
MacFauz wrote:

Yes, my man! Patience is a key virtue for R1 WL people like us.
Sadly, it's very difficult to bring into practice :(

Premium Member
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 22:38
Definitely... What I would love right now is that remote control from click.. Fast forward to March 25....
kaustubhkul wrote:
MacFauz wrote:

Yes, my man! Patience is a key virtue for R1 WL people like us.
Sadly, it's very difficult to bring into practice :(

Current Student

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 22:41
MacFauz wrote:
Definitely... What I would love right now is that remote control from click.. Fast forward to March 25....

Just curious: both UNC and CMU won't respond to you before Olin's deposit due date? :(

Premium Member
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 22:59
Nope... I will have to wait for their respective decision dates... :(
kaustubhkul wrote:
MacFauz wrote:

Just curious: both UNC and CMU won't respond to you before Olin's deposit due date? :(

Current Student

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 23:08
MacFauz wrote:

Ooh. Good luck, my friend. Let's hope everything works out in the end :)

Premium Member
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 23:41
Thanks man.... Whatever works out, it's gonna be for the best.. You get what you get...
kaustubhkul wrote:
MacFauz wrote:

Ooh. Good luck, my friend. Let's hope everything works out in the end :)

Current Student

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 23:43
MacFauz wrote:
Thanks man.... Whatever works out, it's gonna be for the best.. You get what you get...

Correct! Que sera, sera - whatever happens, happens. :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 03:11
Another invite from Kelly Wilson for an event. This is the third time I have got this mail, except this time they have added a new location, Delhi. Should make it easier for people in Delhi and surrounding areas to attend it, instead of coming all the way over to Mumbai/Bangalore.
Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 03:45
cbsrinivas wrote:
Another invite from Kelly Wilson for an event. This is the third time I have got this mail, except this time they have added a new location, Delhi. Should make it easier for people in Delhi and surrounding areas to attend it, instead of coming all the way over to Mumbai/Bangalore.

Lol I am waiting for one mail and you are getting mail after mail from Kelly Wilson. Lucky you bro Srinivas :lol:

Current Student
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 4
WE: Web Design (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 13

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 07:33
Gonnaflynow wrote:
Guys,

Indian. Received an interview invite today. Hang in there. I opted for skype interview and a lot many slots are open for registration.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GMAT 2: 600 Q50 V21
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 2.68
WE: Engineering (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 11:48
finally received my interview invite this morning, unfortunately, all the on-campus interview were filled.
Do any of you recommend any particular admission staff to have the Skype interview?
Thank you guys!
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 13 Feb 2014, 11:48