Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 00:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q V0
WE: Investment Banking (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 4

Reviews Badge
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2013, 10:26
zirconium wrote:
dthollow wrote:
I just got the email that my application is under review, but I have already been invited for an interview about a week ago. Anyone else get this?

Posted from my mobile device Image

Got the mail too. But i've already been invited to interview.. So, i guess it doesn't really matter.

I think initially they probably dished out interview invites without going through the entire app. They might have sent it to the top GMAT/GPA folks or something. Now they are going through each and every app, steadily.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 2.9
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 9 [3] , given: 1

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2013, 22:11
This post received
KUDOS
I am Vijay and am from India. I had my interview yesterday evening over skype. So here goes. I got a call from the interviewer at the precise time. She was friendly and introduced herself as an adcom member. She then said she hadn't gone through my application entirely and asked me to feel free to repeat anything that I might have already mentioned in my essays / profile. Then she started with her questions.

1. Why MBA?
2. What are your long term goals? And after I answered that, she asked me about my short term goals.
3. Why Tepper?
4. Describe one situation at work where you succeeded working as a team. Where you had to collaborate with a team, either as a leader or as a team member.
5. Describe a situation where you failed. What did you learn from that failure?
6. How do you respond to situations where you need to interact with people from other cultures?
7. What are your interests outside of work?

By the time I answered these questions, we were down to the last 2 mins of the 30 min interview. Then she wanted to know if I had any questions. After she answered my question, she hung up. Totally lasted about 31mins. Overall, it was cool and friendly. Also, no technical questions. It was a pleasant experience.

Hope this is useful.
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2013, 22:45
Hi vijay

Extremely helpful stuff. Do you mind sharing your Gmat score .. thanks !

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.37
WE: Sales (Retail Banking)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 09:19
hey... i still have not received any update on my application... nothing like app complete, under review or whatever..

and i am started to worry about it big time now.

anyone else whose status has not been updated at all? will be nice to know i am not the only one!
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 09:32
skammust wrote:
hey... i still have not received any update on my application... nothing like app complete, under review or whatever..

anyone else whose status has not been updated at all? will be nice to know i am not the only one!

My status is "submitted" still..... Are you applying from US as well.... I wonder how many interview spots they have....
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.37
WE: Sales (Retail Banking)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 09:45
vincepeng wrote:
skammust wrote:

My status is "submitted" still..... Are you applying from US as well.... I wonder how many interview spots they have....

I am applying from Pakistan... Well its kind of annoying now! been 2 weeks already.

I hope they get it done this week. Some interview invites (to the best of my knowledge) were only sent on 9th October. So maybe they have not started the actual assessment just yet.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 9

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 10:40
vincepeng wrote:
skammust wrote:

Just checked the events portal. They dont have any Telephone or Skype interview spots open as of now. But they do have many On Campus interview spots open. They might convert these On Campus interview spots to Skype interviews and send out another wave of invites! Hang in there! :)
Intern
Intern
WE: Business Development (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 20:39
thereddevil wrote:
Hi All,

Has anyone from received an email with the Missing application materials, and then with the below information on the application link?

Your transcript from XXX university does not include a grading scale. You must submit this to us at tprmadm@andrew.cmu.edu with the subject line "APPLICATION UPDATE". Please make sure the email includes your name as listed in your application and the program for which you are applying. Your application will remain incomplete and will not be forwarded to the Admissions Committee until this has been received.

I did my undergrad in India and my engineering school used percentage as the grading scale (which is quite common), but its not mentioned in the transcripts.

Can you please suggest as to what needs to be done? Did any one from India receive a similar email?

I received the same mail. Not quite sure as to what I should do.
Has your issue been solved? What did u do?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 27

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 10:13
skammust wrote:

Just got an email that my file is under review but the status on 'applyyourself' did not change. So do not worry too much. I think you will get an email when they are ready to look at your application.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.65

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 11:26
Does anyone know how Tepper treats those from non-business/tech backgrounds? Other than that, I fit the profile perfectly, and have a lot of entrepreneurial experience.
Manager
Manager

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 11:29
ssfuturemba wrote:
Does anyone know how Tepper treats those from non-business/tech backgrounds? Other than that, I fit the profile perfectly, and have a lot of entrepreneurial experience.

Diversity is good! :) Dont you worry!
Current Student
Schools: Cox '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.33
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 16

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 22:26
status is still submitted !

Submitted application on 7th for R1 and recom. on 11th.... but no updates yet ..!

It's close to 3 weeks ...getting worried !
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.8
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 23:03
gmattaker08 wrote:

Submitted application on 7th for R1 and recom. on 11th.... but no updates yet ..!

Am on the same boat :/
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 04:52
I think they have recieved more apps this year than ever.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 27

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 05:00
MichaelScottDMifflin wrote:
I think they have recieved more apps this year than ever.

The average GMAT stats here is also higher this year :-).
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 4

Reviews Badge
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 05:51
This post received
KUDOS
essen1976 wrote:

Time to look up Hult.
Current Student

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 09:04
harishbalaji wrote:
gmattaker08 wrote:

Am on the same boat :/

Finally, my application is under review.... that was a long wait.... fingers crossed...
Manager
Manager

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 10:33
MichaelScottDMifflin wrote:
essen1976 wrote:

Time to look up Hult.

haha! :) good one! :P
Current Student

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2013, 09:24
Status just changed to Under Review, after they sort out my grading scale. I guess they are just getting to the bulk of the applications.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 34

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2013, 21:29
vincepeng wrote:
Status just changed to Under Review, after they sort out my grading scale. I guess they are just getting to the bulk of the applications.

when you say that your app's status changed to 'Under review', do you mean that the status in the online form got changed or did you get a mail that your app is under review? M worried, coz my status in the online form still says that its submitted. No change, nothing.
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 25 Oct 2013, 21:29