Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 06:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Terrible Score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Terrible Score [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2003, 08:23
Today I had taken a real test, my second time, and I found that it really depress me. I got 550 from the test with 49 math and 18 verbal. My first time score is 50 math and 21 verbal or 610.

I don't know what happen to my score because I have already read two times of all questions in Official guide except reading comprehesion that was read only one time. On the test day, I feel that at first 10 questions of verbal questions, I did quite well but after that I concerned too much about the time remaining (I quite a slow test taker for verbal section) I was very rush to answer and I guess approximately last 10 questions. Now I plan to retake the test however, i dont know how to improve my score on verbal section. Someone please advise me I really need help. I think I will take a test in next two month. I need score about 650-700.

Ps. in my practice i do very well on Critical Reasoning without pressure.
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2003, 08:47
i can imagine how distressing this could be, but this has given you the chance to improve on your weak areas. You know that you are pretty good in quant, so you need to concentrate more on verbal part. I guess, you are non-native. Try Princeton Review's stategies and apply them with the explanation provided in the OG. Try to grasp every bit of the information provided in OG and what OG's author mindset when she writes and explains.
Take your time and do full-length CAT tests.

some verbal links:

http://ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/index2.htm
http://englishplus.com/grammar/mistcont.htm
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2003, 20:22
I agree with DJ...use Princeton Review's strategies for verbal. They are decidedly the best prep for GMAT verbal. Use their strategies for timing and for CR and you will improve on both.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2003, 20:38
Thank you very much DJ and CartmanRules.
  [#permalink] 25 Dec 2003, 20:38