Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 19:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Test date : April 21 ! Woot woot!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Test date : April 21 ! Woot woot! [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 09:30
Hello Ladies and Gents,

So I did try the GMAT back in December of 2011 and ended up with a 610 (UGH!) ... Q was 48 and V was 25 (Jeeeeez .. how da heck did that happen?!)

I've been preparing for GMAT for quiet a while .. .I haven't been consistent with it! I studied on and off due to work, private life, and bla bla!

But anyways .. I've been really serious for the past couple of days and started from scratch . I took the GMAT Prep 1 and scored a 670 (Q47 , V35). Also, yesterday I took one MGMAT test (Q43, V35) to see where I'm at.

So I'm generally good at math and not worried about the Q that much. I just need to review my stuff and a minimum of 48 (aiming for a 50 this time) is guaranteed. I'm also reading the advanced Quant book from MGMAT (let's hope it helps ...)

As for the Verbal, I think I know all the basics but those 700-800 questions sometimes get me. I think my biggest issue is pacing the test and timing. I looked at the MGMAT test that I took yesterday and up until question 27, I was at 99% (3 mistakes!) .. but I remember looking at the clock and panicking, which totally screwed my focus up and I ended up with a 35 score! At question 27 I was lagging the MGMAT target cumulative time by 5 mins.

So here's my plan :

Take one full length test every other day until April 9th ( 2 down - 6 more to go) ... Spend the days in the middle reviewing my mistakes and focusing on trouble spots (eg. do more questions on Modifiers (meaning) from SC)

I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys. I took time off from work till April 9th. From the 9th till the 21st, I can spend 2-3 hours studying during weekdays and all day during the one weekend in the middle.

Am I going down the right path? Any input is appreciated.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 114

Re: Test date : April 21 ! Woot woot! [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 09:34
Sounds like you are doing all the right things! Keep up the hard work and the rigorous schedule. Make sure to take all practice tests timed and with AWA. You probably don't HAVE to take all 6 tests you are planning on taking. One every three days, with review of concepts and questions on off days might even help a little more.

Join your fellow April GMAT test takers here: all-april-2012-gmat-test-takers-129457.html

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Test date : April 21 ! Woot woot!   [#permalink] 29 Mar 2012, 09:34