Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 02:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Test day is all that counts...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Test day is all that counts... [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2011, 21:18
Here is a not so pleasant story on my gmat experience. I have dedicated the last couple of months exclusively to GMAT prep. My test scores so far:

MGMAT1: 700
MGMAT2: 750
MGMAT3: 720
MGMAT4: 740
MGMAT5: 750
MGMAT6: 770

GMATPrep1: 760
GMATPrep2: 720 (Tired and took late at night)
GMATPrep3: 760
GMATPrep4: 760

With this trend, I was surely expecting above 700. Infact targeted 750 and thought I might end up with 740. If anything I worried about running out of time on quant. However, I am extremely disheartened by the fact that I got 680 in my GMAT test today. Split Q50, V33
My lowest verbal performance so far. My very 1st diagnostic test and my lowest verbal on practice tests has been 37. I did not think I was doing this badly. The only off incident was that, the test administrator tapped on my shoulder during my verbal and said I was loud. I tend to mumble to myself, and with the noise cancelling headsets, couldn't hear myself...so didn't realize if i was speaking aloud. The tap surely jolted me. That said, I was surely disappointed to see this bad a verbal performance. I have no explanations or the slightest inkling as to what might have gone wrong. I am scheduling the test again in 2 days. I have exhausted all material and I will get busier with time. I do not want to lose touch with GMAT. God knows what would happen then!

Any advice for me from the experts?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Test day is all that counts... [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2011, 04:22
Good Luck mate, am sure you will make it this time..
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 5

Re: Test day is all that counts... [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2011, 07:43
Good luck. I'm sure you'll achieve your dream score this time around.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 46

Re: Test day is all that counts... [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2011, 08:46
Sorry to hear that but did you observe any change in difficulty level in Actual GMAT..Specially in Verbal part?
I've heard lately from other folks that RC's and CR's are getting tuffer. Did you observe anything like that?

Cheers!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What you do TODAY is important because you're exchanging a day of your life for it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: RHCE , CCNA, MCSE and Now GMAT ;)
WE: Operations (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 28

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Test day is all that counts... [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2011, 09:32
I have no explanations or the slightest inkling as to what might have gone wrong. I am scheduling the test again in 2 days. I have exhausted all material and I will get busier with time. I do not want to lose touch with GMAT. God knows what would happen then!

Hi Suhanya,

I assume you are a non native speaker. You have got magnificent practice scores but put aside the past performance. Gmat SC has changed for good and there are two grammatically choices now ( I am sure you are well aware of this by now ). Perhaps RC and SC might have taken a toll. Am curious to know what materials you used to grab concepts for SC and RC apart from OG's.

All the best for the next encounter . Calmness on test day definitely counts !

Re: Test day is all that counts...   [#permalink] 30 Oct 2011, 09:32