24 Hour Fool Proof Game Plan
'Morning Of' Tips
1. Don't try something new
2. Peanut Butter is probably good, unless your allergic to nuts. In that case, skip the peanut butter.
3. If milk is expired and/or smells funny - don't risk it.
4. Be wary of an energy drink unless you know the effects of it. You don't want to be fidgetty.
5. If you like cofee - drink it. Consider skipping the Bailey's though.
6. No sugar cereal. Eat complex carbs (i.e. whole wheat bread)
7. Make a "solid" credit transaction with the bathroom before you leave.
8. Don't have a practice GMAT for breakfast. I have a friend who took a practice GMAT the morning before his GMAT. That is about the single worst thing you can do. The brain has a hard enough time staying focused for 4 hours, why stress it for 8?
9. My meal: 1 egg over easy on whole wheat toast, glass of OJ, glass of H20, Banana. Make a "liquid" credit transaction with the bathroom at the test center.
10. Dress comfortably. Don't wear that one pair of underwear that "rides up".
'The day/night before'
1. Have sex. Seriously. Either with yourself or someone else. This is an actual tip from my Kaplan class
! It will calm you, and help you fall asleep!
2. Don't cram with studying. Relax the day/night before.
3. Glass of wine, beer? If you typically have A
drink at night - sure. I don't mean a 44 oz. big gulp, I mean A
4. Be around people who are supportive - not who are gonna freak you out.
5. Don't listen to country music or rap - listen to NPR or the news, they tend to use better grammar and will encourage you to do the same.
6. It's ok to "count sheep" before you go to bed - just don't factor them, permutate them, count them in prime numbers, count how many would fill a cylinder with dimensions 4x2x8, etc. Seriously - stop thinking about it and get some sleep! Rest is essential.
7. On the above note... Make sure you get a good sleep two nights before the test as well. They say a poor nights sleep (or all-nighter) catches up with you the day after.
8. Eat a good meal - avoid food that will "bind" you up. Pasta is good. Fast food is bad.